Chapter 7: Positions

Mister J walks towards Juno, who's writing lyrics

Mister J: Still writing more lyrics?

Juno: Yeah, I've got the structure and some of the melody down, but I can't think of a subject to write about.

Mister J: Maybe I could help you. Maybe this song should also have a rap verse or some high notes?

Juno: Where are we going to find a rapper?

Mister J & Juno suddenly hear something rapping, so they follow the sound, and find J sitting behind some speakers while rapping while mixing some music on her computer. They look at her in shock and she notices them.

Juno: J, I think we found your position...

Juice was practicing her bass & singing in a secluded area

Juice: Ugh. I keep messing this up. Now I'll never be able to beat those brats or prove that I have talent. Come on, Juice, think.

Meanwhile Axel, Luna, Willow, and Summer were still watching from outside

Summer: So, "Kool-Aid" has a weakness...

Luna: If we find the rest of their weaknesses we could use them against the J's and make them break up & quit.

Willow: Oh, you're good. I also heard "Mordecai" say people hate her singing.

Axel: Interesting...

J: So you need a beat, huh? Don't worry. Judging by the structure I can make one on my laptop and then we can play it with our instruments. Like this...

She plays the demo for them

Mister J: That's fantastic, J! But how did you do that?

J: I've always secretly been into remixing songs and creating beats. I'm also a dj. Juno, try to repeat it on a piano.

Juno repeats it on the piano and Mister J joins in with his electric guitar.

J: Jumping Jellyblocks, that was amazing!

Mister J: I agree! I can't wait to see the lyrics Juno came up with.

Juno: Yeah. Let's just hope people will actually give it a chance.

Luna: Found "Poison Ivy's" weakness.

Axel: Now what about "Simba's"?...

Mister J: Remember, we will all meet here tomorrow.

The J's put on their backpacks & walk out, so Axel, Luna, Willow, and Summer hide in the bushes

Mister J: I can't believe I've finally found friends with the same interests! And people said I couldn't do it. They said I was a fool to think a humble junkman like me could ever have friends with the same interests or make it big. I hope we'll continue making music together after.

The 4 notice Juno, J, and Juice walk out.

Juice: Look, after this, I'm going to quit this band.

J: You're quitting the group?

Juice: No! Just the band. I only did this to make Mister J happy and compete with those spoiled brats.

Juno: Honestly, same. No offense to him, but I never wanted to be a musician or singer.

J: Yeah, hopefully after this we could all go back to our normal lives and forget about the band thing.

Juno: For sure.

Juice: True that.

Axel (quietly): Ladies, I think we hit the jackpot...