Chapter 4.5 : The Jolly Of A Teenage Brought By A Trivial Change

2 weeks has passed since that accident at the festival, I've been resting at home since then. Ameno-kun had instructed me to stay at home for the rest of summer holiday to let me recover. This was for the best for me too as I've been growing more conscious of Ameno-kun since the summer festival. I have been messaging him sometimes to ask what he's up to, though we usually kept our conversation short. Though, this whole 2 weeks without meeting him... Makes me feel empty...
.
.
.
.
.
Summer vacation has ended, and it is now times to return to school. After I stepped foot inside the school, I was greeted by my friends from different class. They asked me about my summer vacation and what I've been doing. I was happily chatting and laughing with them until I saw a figure from afar. We locked eyes momentarily but suddenly, I felt the urge to hide myself out of embarrassment after remembering the scene of him, carrying me on his arm. I quickly went to my class after that.
.
.
.
I do felt bad for that, so I'm going to invite him for a lunch together. If I'm not mistaken, he's from Class 1 which located not far from my class. When I arrived at the door, I asked the guy that sat at the desk right in front of the front door for Ameno-kun. He looked half asleep, and lazily yelled Ameno-kun's name. I heard many people talking and murmuring towards us from the inside of his class, but I heed it no mind and continue my conversation with Ameno-kun...
.
.
.
"Well, if you're happy about it, then I shall call you that from now on. We've known each other for quite some time too right, Ameno?" I said, although a bit embarrassed. "Right, it's about time, Ch-Chisato" Ameno said, stammered a little.

After we parted ways and went to our class, everybody in my class looked at me weird. "What's wrong? Did I... Have something on my face or something?" I chuckled a little, feeling that this is the kind of joke Ameno would say at times like these. But it seems like my classmates didn't understand my jokes or something, as they just went silent. Is this... What Ameno felt when I didn't react to his jokes? Now I felt bad for him... "Since when did you start cracking jokes like that?" my friend asked sarcastically. "Nothing, just felt like it" I said as I walk toward my seat. Erika, one of my close friend whom were seated in front of me in class, rotated her chair facing towards me, seemingly to talk to me about something. "Hey Sagiri, I heard rumors from other class that you're going out with someone. Why didn't you tell me!" she said. "No no no, this is a misunderstanding. I don't have a boyfriend yet" I said, denying the rumor. "Huh, really. Someone said they saw you walking with a boy while wearing matching colored cloth at the summer festival. Oh you also said you couldn't come with me because you're going with someone else, right? Care to explain?" Erika enquired. "No, me and Ameno is just friend. We met at the school library while I was visiting to read some book, he's the librarian there. He's also mentoring me in English. We are not dating... yet" I said the last part slowly, to hide my embarrassment. "Heehhhhh, is that so" she smirked while saying it. "You have to introduce me to him sometimes, he sounds like an interesting guy" she said teasingly. "Okay" I answered, not thinking much of it...
.
.
.
That night, right before I went to bed, I recalled the event on today's lunch, making me smiled unconsciously. I buried my face in my pillow to hide my embarrassment from nobody...