Chapter 3

Bangchan

Walking into the tiny restaurant I get a feeling of comfort. Being in Seoul is good and I love it, but being home is better. The tables are all arranged by the floor length windows with a perfect view of the beach. Since it's already past 9pm, people lit up some flares, lighting up a way towards the water.

I observe Hana, Seungmin and my sister studying the menu as I feel two warm bodies next to mine. Felix and Hyunjin. I look at both of them with a raised eyebrow and immediately know, what they're about to say shouldn't be for Hanas ear so I quickly change into Korean.

"What?" I ask.

Hyunjin just glares at me before he looks at Felix, silently telling him to tell me what they both want. Felix grins and throws his arm around my shoulders. He got the message and answers in Korean as well. "I saw that look on your face, Chan-Hyung."

"What look?" I want to know but avoid looking at them and focus my gaze on the menu hanging above the counter on the wall.

"The look you give your best friend. Like she's sunshine after a year of rain," Felix continues and makes Hyunjin scoff. He quickly shoves his hands inside his pockets and looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "Hyung," he starts and tilts his head to look Hana up and down. "You can tell us if you want her."

When I notice my sister side eyeing me from over her shoulder I quickly slap both Felix and Hyunjin against their arms and clear my throat. I love my sister, but I hate that she speaks Korean.

Lowering my voice I look at the fashion show duo. "Look. She is beautiful, I'm her best friend, not fucking blind. But that's about it. She's my best friend, like a sister."

Now it's Felix who scoffs and grabs the back of my neck with his hand to pull me closer to him. "Yea sure, like a sister."

Hyunjin grins and realizes it's us, who have to order next and we all look puzzled at the waiter who smiles politely.

"Ehm," I stutter and rub the back of my neck. "Cheeseburger, with fries and a Coke Zero for me please, what about you guys?" I turn to Felix and Hyunjin and step to the side when they're ready to order as well.

I walk over to the counter and lean against it to get in between my sister, Hana and Seungmin. "What did you guys get?"

Just when Hana was about to answer, we hear a dark voice calling her name. I switch my gaze from my friends' delicate features to see a very tall, very handsome, very Australian man walking towards her. For whatever reason, I quickly look back at Hana to not miss her facial expression when the guy comes closer and opens his arms for a hug.

A fucking hug.

Hana squeals in excitement and hugs the giant tightly. "Hunter!" she sings and I remember his name immediately. He's Hana's colleague from work. The hot one, as she explained it so vividly to me, some weeks ago.

I clear my throat quietly and ignore the burning stare I know my sister is shooting my way. Fucking hell, why does everyone think there is more than friendship between me and Hana?

"Hey, what a nice surprise seeing you here," he says friendly and looks over Hanas head to look at the rest of us. Hana, the sweet soul she is, steps back to wrap her tiny arms around my waist and I gotta admit - i love her doing that in public. She probably is very sure, that this guy has no freaking clue about who we are. I gently wrap my arm around her and pull her closer - in a nice way, not posessively.

"Hunter, that is Chris. I told you about him," she says proudly and I get a warm feeling inside my stomach, hearing that she talks about me to this guy. Not to mention that I know she likes him and holy fuck is he tall.