Chapter 8

Hana

Sitting at the side of the pool with the third cocktail in my hand, I talk to everyone around me casually. Hunter has been touchy, as expected, but when he realised, it's not gonna happen again between us, he kissed my cheek and went to look for another girl to fuck.

Thank god.

San dives up next to my legs, which makes me startle and spill a bit of my drink over my legs. "Agh, San."

He chuckles and leans his arms on top of the edge of his pool, places his chin on top of it and looks at me. "Sorry, Hana. Good seeing you here. It's been years since we saw each other."

I nod and take another sip of my cocktail

I nod and take another sip of my cocktail. I feel my cheeks burn from all the alcohol but I can still see clear. "I know. I'm sorry I'm not much of a party person, I guess."

San lets his hand glide through his wet black hair. The muscles dancing in his biceps and god - he looks so good. "What changed your mind today?"

I shrug, empty my cocktail and put the glass on the floor next to me. "I guess I needed to get out of my apartment. It's been some shitty days."

"I see. You want another drink?"

"Please!" I say and San already pushes himself up and out of the water.

I can't help but let my eyes wander over his wet, muscular body that looks absolutely perfect in tonight's moonshine. I don't avert my eyes off his body even when he stays in front of me and stretches out his hand for me to take.

He doesn't let go of my hand even when we walk back inside and into his kitchen to get more drinks. The kitchen is filled with drunk people, getting new drinks for themselves, some couples making out on the counter or the stairs that lead upstairs. "Goddamn," I curse and watch San as he finally let go, and prepares another Skinny Bitch for me.

"How's Chris doing these day?" He casually asks as I lift myself up on the kitchen counter. A big sigh leaves my mouth. San looks at me over his shoulder and raises his eyebrow. "Trouble in paradise?"

I chuckle and pinch the back of my nose. "Hmm, yes and no. We don't talk much these days."

"Oh," he finishes preparing my drink and hands it to me, leaning against the counter next to me with his arms and legs crossed. "What did you do?"

"Me? Why do you assume it's my fault?"

San chuckles and takes a beer from the counter and opens it smoothly with his teeth. "Well, Miss Sullivan, I didn't say it was your fault. I just think you both messed but because, I know you. You'd be more angry if it was his fault only. But I see regret in your green eyes."

I click my tongue and toast my glass with his beer bottle. "Touché, Park-ssi." Mr. Park.

His grin widens and we both take a drink of our drinks. His eyes silently telling me to tell him what happened.

"Agh," I grab my white blouse and bind it a bit tighter around my body. "It's just. His jealousy problems."

"Hold the fuck up!" Hunter appears out of nowhere and I feel my body stiffen. San immediately changes his position and he gets slightly in front of me - sensing that something clearly isn't right here.

"What?" I asked, puzzled, taking a sip of my drink before placing the glass on the counter next to me.

"You pushed me away because your stupid little friend is angry at you?" He asks and comes closer but San is faster and presses his fist against Hunter's chest so he can't get closer. "Easy there, man."

Endlessly thankful to my friend, I clear my throat and look at Hunter over Sans shoulder. "No, that is not why I ended whatever was between us, but it just adds on top of it."

Hunter looks at San and I can tell he's drunk and anger bubbles up in his stomach. "That's so embarrassing, Hana. You could have had me but now you missed the opportunity because you are scared of what that small chinese boy will think about you?"

"Yo, stop this right here," San says strictly and pushes Hunter back but I jump down from the counter and step in front of San to look at Hunter. "First of all, he's-"

"He knows, San," I interrupt him and look up at Hunter.

"And I told you, that I don't care. All the same."

I hear San inhaling sharply as he gently places his hands on my shoulder to carefully shove me out of his way. "You don't come to my fucking house and start talking shit like that."

"And what do you want to do about it, mh?" Hunter looks at my friend with so much disgust, I feel my stomach turning.

Instead of doing what Hunter deserves - punching him in his stupid face - San takes a deep breath, claps his hands together and pushes him backwards, out of his kitchen.

"I want you to leave, right the fuck now."

"Hana is coming with me," he demands and already sprints towards me to grab my wrist but San is faster and pushes him back against his chest, so he crashes into the door frame. "Don't you dare touch her."

"Oh did your little friend send a bodyguard for you now, you little whore?" Hunter spats in my direction, instead of looking at San who gets angrier second by second.

Before I can respond, I see San taking a step back before punching Hunter in the face as hard as he could. Blood spills out of his nose, and his lip is bruised while he tumbles back and crashes against the wall again.

People around us inhale sharply but Hunter just grunts out of pain and holds his nose. "You fucking asshole."

The trouble caused attention amongst the guests just when San's close friend group came running into the kitchen, two of them grabbing Hunter's arms to drag him outside. "You will leave right now!"

San nods thank you in their direction and shakes his hand, that just collided with Hunter's face.

"God," I sigh and carefully take his wrist into mine. "Are you okay?"

He nods and takes a step back. "I'm fine. Sorry this happened, Hana. Are you okay, though?"

I sigh, let my hands glide over my face and nod. "Yes, I-" , I stop as I feel my phone vibrating inside my small clutch and quickly open it to check who calls me this late.

 "Yes, I-" , I stop as I feel my phone vibrating inside my small clutch and quickly open it to check who calls me this late

My heart almost skips a beat as I realize who's trying to reach me. My eyes widen automatically as I look back at San but he understands immediately. "Upstairs, to your right is my bedroom. You can lock yourself in there."

I smile, answer the phone while running up the stairs and yell "Thank you!" over my shoulder.