1

Will be looking forward to reading your comments <3

.
.

'Didi, I want a car for my birthday.' Akaay told his sister while they were watching F1.

'So that you'll drive like this on the city roads and run over someone?' Vamika, who was already so irritated and bored watching the race retorted, rolling her eyes at his request.

'Fine, I'll ask Sammy didi.' he immediately reached out for his phone while not breaking eye contact with the TV.

'FINE! I'll think about it.' she swatted him with the cushion and got up to leave.

The only reason she was okay with her brother learning to drive a car was so that he'd stop roaming around on his bike.

She couldn't believe it when her parents bought him a bike at the age of eighteen while each time she'll head outside her parents would ask her multiple times if she's carrying her water bottle, her wallet, her sunscreen, something to eat and if she has money in her account and would always treat her like a five year old kid.

While on the other hand , her brother who was still a Baby was allowed to ride a bike.

She didn't understand how no one thought how dangerous it was for him to ride a bike. So she pushed him to learn car driving so that she wouldn't have to worry each time her brother would go out. 

Virat and Rohit had actually waited for him to grow up so that they could teach him to ride a bike. And Sammy was the one who taught him to drive the car and threw a party to all her friends, family ( and their friends) when he passed his driving test. Vamika, on the other hand, wasn't good with vehicles.

She accidentally rode her cycle over a dog's tail which bit her leg, in sixth grade and that was the last time she ever rode a vehicle.  Her family couldn't understand how that stopped her from driving a car while she couldn't understand how to explain it to them.

But her inability to drive has never bothered her. Well, initially it did. But when her dad talked to her about his inabilities and insecurities and how it's very normal, she felt okay. Because she always looked at him with pride, so if her role model wasn't perfect himself, maybe it was okay for her not to be too.

Her chachu slowly started taking her out on long drives, to ignite interest in travelling in her so that one day she'll want to learn to drive too.

She went into her room and decided to talk to Sammy. Akaay would surely call her too. She had a lot of plans for his birthday and was delighted to have finally found the perfect gift for him.

But she'll have to continue her acting (that she learnt from her mother) and make it look like she's against him getting a new car.

While she dialled Sammy's number she had also started researching what to buy for him on her laptop.

She latched her door so that Akaay wouldn't walk in unannounced, like he does all the time and explained her plan to Sammy.

Sammy's laughter tinkled through the phone. "This is such a cool plan! Let's do it. I'll tell him it's not possible, and then, bam! Surprise him on his birthday. He'll never see it coming! And you know how much I love pranks. So I'm getting to prank my baby brother and also make him happy at the same time. It's amazing."

Akaay's call came a few hours later, and Sammy executed their plan flawlessly, rejecting his request with feigned regret.

After the call ended, Sammy excitedly called vamika and told her their conversation, word to word. They congratulated each other on the success and had already begun envisioning Akaay's astonished face on his birthday.

Vamika was extremely excited about it and couldn't stay calm. She so wanted to share it with her parents, who were out on a date.  

She wanted to give them privacy,
not for a long time as she called her dad five minutes later.

'Is everything alright My dear?' he asked worriedly.

'Yes dad. I have something to share with you too. When are you coming back home?' she enquired.

He looked at his wife for an answer who took the phone from him and answered, 'One hour. But we'll start this very moment if you want us to.'

'No, it's fine. Take your time. But don't come to our house directly. We'll all meet at Chachu's house. Take their back door.' she suggested

'Alright sweetheart, but I hope you kids are not up to some unusual activities.' Anushka inquired with a hint of concern.

'It's about Akaay's birthday. Everything's fine. Now I'll let you two have your privacy. Bye.'

After the phone call, Vamika began going through the pile of washed clothes as if she was searching for something.

'Akaay, have you seen my black jeans?' she asked him, faking casualness as she rummaged through the clothes.

Akaay, engrossed in the race, barely looked up. 'You might have given it to Sammy di. Check with her once' he mumbled, eyes fixed on the screen.

'Yeah that's right. I'm going to their house.' Vamika replied, masking her excitement. She needed a reason to slip out of the house without raising suspicion.

'Hello Vamii.' Rohit, who was sitting on the front porch was excited to see her visiting.

'Hello chachu.' she hugged him warmly. 'Are you guys free now?'

'When are we even busy for you?'

'You missed my sixth birthday.' Vamika teased him.

Rohit laughted, 'That was because cricket used to keep me occupied. Now I'm completely a family man. What do you want me to do?'

'Well, the doing part is purely on me and Sammy. We just want to share our excitement with you guys.'

'Vamu, how come you haven't come to greet me yet?' Ritika, scowled playfully as she stepped out onto the porch.

Vamika turned towards her aunt with a bright smile. "Sorry  chachi! I got caught up in all the excitement. But don't worry, I'm here now!"

Ritika chuckled, giving Vamika a warm hug. ' That's alright. I know you love me more than him. So I don't mind you giving him a bit of attention at times.'

'That's not true at all. I thought we've established it already. Vami, tell her.' Rohit just won't agree with her.

'Will you guys even come inside or do you want Akaay to spy on us from his balcony?' Sammy asked, poking her head out from the doorway.

Vamika and Sammy began growing restless from all the anticipation building up inside them. They restlessly waited for Anushka and Virat to join them so that they can spill the beans.

.
.

Hope you guys liked the chapter

Stay safe and happy, see y'all soon 💖