Chapter 1: New Home

As my ninth birthday rolled around, I was woken up by the sound of robots activating from down the hall. I'd got out of bed then headed into Dr. Light's main lab, I stopped in my tracks after seeing two robots that looked like a year older than me. One of them had brown hair and blue eyes, he was wearing a blue shirt and black shorts, it looked like that he was wearing blue boots as well. The other robot had blonde hair in a ponytail, she was wearing a bright red dress with black dress shoes, her eyes were a different color than the boy's; they were a bright green. "Good Morning Ashley, come, I'd like you to meet your new siblings Rock & Roll. They're going to keep an eye on you while I'm working, there's no need to be nervous, come and meet them." I slowly approached my new siblings, then Blues walked next to me and grabbed my hand again. "Here, I'll go with you. It's gonna be alright, this is your new home after all." Rock reached his hand out for a handshake, "Hi, I'm Rock, you're new brother, and this is Roll, your new sister. What's your name?" I'd nervously replied, "I'm- I'm Ashley... but I prefered to be called Ash. It's nice to meet you both." They'd both grabbed each of my hands, "It's very nice to meet ya Ash! I'm sure we'll get along!" Roll agreed, "You'll be nervous around us first, but things will be great soon!" Dr. Light allowed the three of them to take me somewhere else while he'd worked on his projects. They took me to the park which had a big playground with swings, slides, monkeybars, obstacle course, and everything in between. Rock & Roll led me to the playground and we started to have lots of fun; we cleared the course, swung really high, did a little roleplaying, and ended the day with a frozen treat from the ice cream truck, well- only me since I could enjoy organic food. 

On the way home, they asked me some questions; "If you're a robot, then how come you could eat ice cream?" "Are you pretending to be a robot?" "Are you actually a human?!" I'd stopped them from asking anymore questions, "Look, the truth is- I am a robot, but... whoever created me probably wanted me to be myself again. So I'm guessing that they created this really special digestive system that allows me to eat organic food, then... the food is broken down into energy cells that are transferred straight to my power source." Both Rock & Roll confusingly blinked, Blues on the other hand was impressed with my knowledge about my own design. "We're sorry that we'd doubted you Ash, it's just- we've never knew that a robot could be really advanced." Rock agreed, "Yeah, it's like- you're more advanced than us! You're really lucky Ash, whoever created you must've been a really nice person." I nodded, "I guess so... but for now, I'm lucky because I have amazing new siblings right beside me!" When we got home, Dr. Light was finished with his work just in time to spend the evening with us. We'd all then played board games before we were sent to bed for the night. I'd slept with ease knowing that things here might be pretty great, but I had a strange feeling that something might happen to one of us. The next morning, the lab was trashed, Dr. Light's robots were missing, and even Blues was missing too. "What happened?! Where's Blues?!" Dr. Light answered, "My old colleague apparently snuck in here last night and took my robots. He'd even took Blues because of my suggestions to fix his faulty power core. I'm terribly sorry Ash, but Dr. Wily is now a threat to the city and us. I'd bet he reprogrammed my robots into his own minions, there's nothing we can do." He'd sat down in his chair, Roll comforted him, Rock just stood there for a minute then looked at Dr. Light. "I'll stop them myself! Sure I'm a common helper robot, but I want to protect the city! Please Dr. Light, give me a chance!"

After some careful consideration, Dr. Light walked up to Rock, "It may be dangerous, but I'll rebuild you into a robot warrior, along with your sister Ashley." I stepped back in confusion, "M- me!? I- I don't know... I haven't been a hero for a while, what if I mess up!?" Rock reached out his hand to me, "Don't worry, we'll be heroes together, what do you say?..." I took his hand and smirked, "I'd might be a bit rusty, but I'm willing to help again!" After some time, both me and Rock were transformed into two incredible robot warriors. Rock was now in blue armor with a arm cannon, while with me- my weapons were restored and I was rocking my old classic look but with a new twist. Dr. Light hugged us both, "I'm counting on you two to protect the city and stop Dr. Wily in his tracks. You're no longer Rock and Ash, for now on you'll be known as Mega Man and Astra Girl." We'd both looked at each other smiling, "I think that you and I will be a really great hero duo!" Mega agreed, "Yeah, we'll sure be a great duo sis!" And thus... this new place has officially became my new home, and I've officially became a hero once more.