Hamlet | Yoonmin

Vampire Yoongi x Werewolf Jimin
Word count: 13k
Also on ao3

***

Nevermore Academy, 1985.

The night whispered something to the windows to make them laugh with the blowing winter breeze in the dead silence hallway. Jimin shivered as he eavesdropped on the gossip while on his way to the library. A cut out of an article between his fingers, he read the words again under the crimson light of the Moon which he had read thousands of times before.

"Murder of the Nevermore Academy. Victim found dead in the school's library, forensic report confirms the cause to be blood loss. Yet folks claim the misdeed to be done by Vampire, albeit the culprit remains a mystery."

"Fucking vampires!" Jimin gritted his teeth in annoyance as he continued to trace his eyes to the pasted picture of the crime scene. The victim's body was pale due to blood loss yet there were no signs of violence or struggle, as if death kissed the girl a good night kiss. Except for the two red dots on the victim's neck like a bite mark.

And Jimin Park is sure the culprit is a vampire. It's obvious. But the question is who precisely? What was their motive? Was blood thirst a sound reason for making a scandal? Jimin has mountains of questions but the problem is that time probably erased many answers as it passed in.

It has been 7 years since the unsolved crime afterall.

Amidst his thoughts, the notorious wind blew the article in its whirlwind, snapping Jimin out of his mind and making him run after the old paper. Clink Clank of his boots echoed in the never ending hallway, making Jimin on halt. The paper slipped on the floor and hid in the shadows and Jimin is sure he heard a giggle from it if not somewhere else.

While the full moon's crimson creeped all over the deserted building, Jimin tried not to be hypnotized by calling darkness as it seemed desperate to swallow him in. The whispers grew louder and louder until the wind decided to shut up finally, until someone really whispered. It would be understatement to say Jimin is not scared, he is petrified, but he won't say anything.

Jimin loves solving mysteries, can handle the cruelest and ugliest way to murder a human, vampires and beast doesn't scare him but scenes like this as if a clip cut straight out of a horror show? No thanks. He would rather pace back his steps and retire to his room which is almost 15 minutes away from here.

"Pardon but I'm not a fan of gossip and evil, thank you." he turned his back to the shadow and walked two steps before stopping on his track.

"Darn it! Just give me back my document at least." He faced the darkness with a bitter expression on his face and walked slower than a snail with his eyes on the small visible piece of article down on the floor. Suddenly a raven stood on the window and shrieked in alarm just before Jimin was about to pick the damn paper, successfully startling the already fret boy. He abruptly looked at the raven before looking back at the paper.

With another breeze, the paper was gone.

Clenching his fist and eyes, Jimin stood up and walked into the darkness. He can't abandon the article behind, that is the only reason he is here now. The temperature seemed to drop, making Jimin curse underneath his breath.

"Don't fret, sweetheart." whispered the voices, those Jimin refused to listen.

"We see you everyday, hehe." This time the voice was high pitched and full in joy and before they could say more, Jimin was already running in the never ending darkness of the hallway.