Chapter Fourteen

Tomioka pov:

I laughed at seeing how irritated sabito was getting. He had always been so competitive.

'Calm down,' makomo stated, pulling him to sit down beside her.

'You all are jerks,' sabito said, crossing his arms and pouting.

'What did I do?' Sanemi asked, confused.

'You didn't shut either of them up!' Sabito said, side-eyeing sanemi.

'Do you want to get me killed?' Sanemi asked, clearly feeling a mix of emotions.

I heard a knock at my door, so I went to go get it.

'Hello?' I answered, seeing tanjiro behind the door.

'Uh- douma wants you, I don't know why' tanjiro said, then rushing off.

I looked back at the others who gathered around me.

'I'll be back,' I said, except sanemi grabbed my hand.

'Shouldn't somebody go with you? I mean- remember what happened last time?' He asked. I just pulled my hand away.

'I'll be just fine. It isn't like I could stop him anyway,' I said, rushing out and shutting the door.

Makomo had put me in some matching outfit with her and sabito, I looked almost ridiculous.

When I made it to the doumas office, I knocked on the door and then walked in.

There he was, with gyomei.

Even when gyomei was sitting, he was extremely tall. It almost frightened me.

'You needed me?' I asked, trying to feel alerted by the elephant in the room. By that, I mean height wise.

'Mm, has your fever dropped?' Douma asked, pulling me closer to him.

'Not quite, sabemi says I still have a fever of 66°C' I said, letting him pull me closer, I didn't really have that much strength to push him away anyway.

'I see. Well, our little friend gyomei wanted to meet you formally. Your last interactions weren't exactly.. ideal,' douma said, pushing me towards gyomei.

'Huh? Oh,' I said, looking straight into gyomeis eyes.

It was hard to see exactly he had purely white irises and clouded pupils.

'Hello, Mr. Tomioka, it's a pleasure to meet you!' Gyomei said, holding out his hand for me to shake.

'Ahaha.. I'm not really a hand shaky type of person..' I laughed nervously.

'Shake his hand, giyuu' douma ordered me.

I immediently took his hand, shaking it softly.

His touch was gentle, except his hand was as big as my head.

'Oh douma, don't force him to do anything he doesn't want to,' gyomei said, dropping his hand to his side.

'I-its alright, why did you want to meet me?' I asked nervously, trying to find any way to escape from the situation.

'I just noticed a beautiful yet depressing aura coming from you, only you,' gyomei said, and I looked at him confused.

'Aura? What do you mean?' I asked him, now I was suddenly curious.

He said aura, What could aura possibly mean?

Well, I knew what aura meant, except I thought gyomei was blind. How could he see anything?

'My ability, phantom-gaze, allows me to see things that normal humans cannot' gyomei explained to me.

'Ah, I see,' I said, standing up.