The Party

On this very night. A night that only comes once in a while. A night where two are to be engaged.

Princess Nancy and Prince Steve are in an arranged marriage. And since Nancy is apart of one of the the biggest Kingdoms. Its kinda a big deal. They together will take over and rule the Wheeler kingdom. While the younger sibling is to rule their own Kingdom.

To Prince Michael, its not that big of a deal. Its just two people who aren't in love, having a party for their stupid engagement. And then in a couple months there will be another when they actually get married. Gross!

But its one of the only times I get to see my friends from the neighboring kingdoms.

My best buds Lucas and Dustin. From the South and Southwest. We only see each other on rare occasions, for parties like this or birthdays.

"Stand up straight Michael. Remember your manners!" My mother scolds me.

I can't go hang out with my friends until she says so. I must make an appearance and make my family's name proud, or something like that.

"Yes mother." I mutter as I straighten my back. I scan around the room. Its an unfamiliar place.

They party is weirdly held at the new Kingdom. 

The Kingdom in the West. 

The Byers?? Whatever, I just want to find Lucas and Dustin. I need to vent about my stupid parents.

I shake another 10 hands in the next hour. And then my Mom finally lets me go. I thank her and run off. Only for her to scold me for running. But I keep going. I need to find my friends. 

Soon I find them talking with the Princesses our age from the other Kingdoms. Elle and Maxine. I always fancied Elle for her beauty. She has always been stunning. I walk over with my hands shoved in my pockets.

"Hello ladies. Gentlemen. How are we on this fine evening?" I say in a posh voice. Which makes the girls giggle. And the boys to go wide eyed.

"Mike!!!" They yell as they both hug me

I laugh at their excitement and hug them back. 

"I see you guys are actually happy to see me. I'm flattered." I say as they let go with an eye roll. I grab them both by the shoulders and turn them away, with me in the middle. I turn towards the girls.

"Sorry ladies, we gotta have some boys time. We don't get to talk often."

They laugh

"Don't worry about it. We understand that ourselves." Maxine says as she looks at Elle with a smile. Those girls have been friends for as long as I can remember. I'm sure its hard for them to not see each other all the time. But at least their closer than any of me and the guys. I'm all the way across the map from them. They see each other more often than I do them, cause they live right next to each other. Plus my parents. They think that they distract me and are "bad influences". What a load of bull crap.

I push them along and find ourselves a corner with some chairs.

I sit in one and loosen my tie a bit, sighing.

"Mannnn...parties like this are so exhausting!" I moan in displeasure. Leaning my head back into the chair.

"Tell me about it. Not to mention how long it took to get here." Lucas says with a sigh. "It took a whole day and a half. And then were going to have to go back in a couple of days. How long did it take you guys to get here?" Dustin asks as he folds his hands in his lap.

"3 days." Lucas says.

"4 for me." I say with another sigh.

"Dang man, why do you live so far away from everyone?" Dustin says as he leans forward.

"I don't know! I wasn't the one who built my castle!" I say as I put my hand over my eyes, rubbing them.

Then we hear the loud grandfather clock chime 4 times. Indicating its time for the big speech. I grumble as I get up. Fixing my hair, crown, and my tie. I say farewell to the boys for now and find my little sister Holly in the croud. I look to the stage. Five big steps going up to it. I see Nancy with a wide and nervous smile in the center of the stage. Standing next to her soon to be husband, Steve. Dustins older brother. The one to rule my Kingdom some day.

A few feet away stands my parents. And on the other side stands a group of three people. Unfamiliar faces.

A woman, with wavy brown hair that goes a little past her shoulders. A Beautiful golden crown sits upon her head. One only a Queen wears. Her dark blue velvet gown glistens in the lights. A man, who is much taller than the woman, and much older than me. Probably Nancy's age. In a dark blue suit and a nicely fitted gold crown also sits upon his head. And then finally a boy. Probably my age. Short light brown hair. A night sky blue suit. And a golden yellow crown upon his head. He, like Nancy has a nervous smile on his face.

He must not be used to the whole royalty thing.

I think their the Byers. The new kingdom. I should introduce myself after the announcements. I continue to stair at the boy. Not remembering his name when my parents told me on the way. I think it started with an M. Or maybe a W? Whatever.

He seemed interesting though. And then lesson number three of proper manners. Never stair at someone for to long made a big impact on me.

He made eye contact with me.

His eyes which seemed to be green, or maybe even brown stared at me. Blush rising to my cheeks I break the contact. Making it seem like I was interested in what Holly was doing. But all she was doing was playing with her friend Sara from the Hopper Kingdom. Oh what it was like to not have it mandatory to pay attention to things. 

But the thought remainder in my mind.

What's your name?

A/N

Heyy, not gonna be a long authors note, cause I need to sleep😩

How we liking it? They made eye contact!!

Don't forget to drink yo wawa🌊💧🌊

-Louie❤❤