Chapter one

2440

there was once a student, but this was no average student.

Tom was a genius.

He built working catapult-contraptions at age eight.

He invented new Virtual Reality technology at age thirteen.

He invented time-travel when he was only fourteen years old, but kept it a secret to avoid it falling in the wrong hands.

And in the present day, he was trying to invent time-travel again, but in another form.

His previous Time-traveling device was big, a big chunk of metal with technology stuffed inside of it.

But now Tom had learned even more.

Tom learned to utilize portals.

Tom wanted to test his new time-gun, so he set a stopwatch, set the gun to ten minutes into the future, opened a portal and walked through.

He still stood in his lab, but when he looked at the stopwatch he turned on only seconds ago, it said 10 minutes, 7 seconds."YESS" Tom yelled, ecstatic about the fact that it worked as it should!

"Tom! Come upstairs! Breakfast!" Tom heard Arthur yell.

"Alright! I'll be right there!"

Arthur was Tom's adoptive father ever since his parents died in that car accident, which was now fifteen years ago, when Tom was only 3 years old.

Tom had worked on this new time-gun for a while now, and he felt like he was on the point of a breakthrough.

Tom sat down at the table. Arthur would always make them some eggs and bacon for breakfast, which Tom couldn't enjoy more.

"So, how's the research going? I heard some kind of happy yell." Arthur asked.

Tom was so happy to have someone interested, unlike the group of kids who'd pick on him at school those years ago."It's going really well" Tom said, "Remember that time-machine from four years ago?"

Arthur frowned for a bit "Uh, isn't that the big chunk of metal in the lab?"

Tom chuckled, "Yup, that's the one. Anyway, I've been trying to incorporate it into portals, and into some kind of time-portal-gun, AND IT WORKS!"

Arthur laughed, "Sick, it's a bummer i got work today, otherwise you could've shown me."

"Yeah." Tom

"Anyway, thanks for the breakfast" Tom said, "I'll be down in the lab."

"Alright, just don't spend your entire holiday there, it's probably not a good idea."

When Tom walked back into his lab, he knew he couldn't have a test-case of just one, he had to try it multiple times to see if it would work every time.

So Tom picked up his time-gun and put some more of his formula goop in it, and fired another portal.

This time, the portal seemed unstable, it sucked objects in with such a force, Tom had to hold on to the door to avoid getting sucked in.

He tried to pull himself up, but he couldn't, he was the smart guy, not the buff guy.

Tom fell into the portal and lost his conscience.