Chapter Seventeen

1987

Greed had successfully masked herself as Iida, as she had done so many times before to escape her sinly duties, every night to enjoy the peace and sunlight of earth.

She was listening to the conversation they had in the living room, while giving Logan a make-over, making him more human than humanoid.

She could hear Tom's booming voice clearly: "Okay, I'll say this one more time, once we meet Stephen Hawking, we ask him to help us, so you can all return. got it?"

Iida could only catch small phrases from Lunox, like: "Okay, who... to be... maybe it's a good idea..."

She could hear Pillow grunt in agreement. "Agreed."

Once Iida was finished with Logan's makeover, she brought him back to the group and she said with a big grin: "Tadaa! How does he look?"Pillow turned around to see Logan, now barely recognizable, "Very convincing, that'll do."Tom however was stunned, "This is Logan? Wow, i gotta say you've got talent, Iida!"

"Thanks buddy, who's next?" Iida grinned, stretching her back.

Tom chuckled, "I think no one, Logan's the only non-human here, right?"

Iida smiled and looked out the window, seeing it's almost night, and said: "why don't you guys sleep here? it's about to turn night and you look like you could use some rest."

Pillow nodded, scratching his chin, "I suppose we don't have another viable choice."

Lunox playfully nudged Pillow, telling Iida: "Thank you, Iida, that'd be great."

-------------------------------------------

After everyone was vast asleep, Iida transformed back into Greed and snuck into her closet, where she had set up a secret portal to Hell many years ago, when she got tired of her duties as Greed.

She couldn't help but wonder why the Devil was after this guy.

Back in Hell, Greed decided to ask around, to see if the older servants might know why the Devil is after Tom.

She knocked on the door of the servant's sleeping quarters.

An older woman opened the door and when she saw it was Greed, she immediately bowed.""Miss Greed! To what owe i the pleasure?"

Greed looked around, seeing if there's anyone nearby.

"Have you heard of that boy the Devil is after?"

The elderly woman now also looked through the halls, and after being satisfied there's no one near, she waved Greed in.

Greed walked through the door to see a filthy space, filled with beds and rags.

Just like lowly servants deserve, she thought

She followed the woman to a small corner where they could talk in private.

"Well?" Greed demanded.

The woman gesture her to come closer, and when Greed came closer, the woman said: "The Devil is getting older, and so he needs a successor, and he seems to know anything and everything about this particular man. it's as if He knows him better than his own children."

Greed frowns, her eyes squinting.

"Hmm, you'd need a lot of spies to achieve that."

Greed scratched her chin, deep in thought.

"Well... i must be off now." Greed said, walking towards the door.

The woman stopped her, saying: "Don't tell anyone."

Greed looked at her emotionless, then went out of the door, confident in her strides.

Greed walked home, a large villa that was shared with all Sins.

She opened the door, seeing the ever-fat Gluttony on the couch, indulging in cupcakes while watching TV.

Greed could often be seen retreating to her room, where she would not leave for several days, thus she was seen as a bit of an odd-ball by the others.

She knew this, but couldn't care less.

As always, Greed retreated to her room, checking some of her drawers, looking through the gadgets and gizmos she had collected through the years, a product of her greedy nature.

And there it was.

A shotgun from the early 1700's, completely custom with golden linings and the symbol of greed that she had burned into it when she acquired it.

She hoped it was enough to protect herself. And while she was at it, she might as well protect the humans back in England.