eden and leo

to leo, meeting eden was fate.

it was freshman year and he needed to smoke. badly. he was tucked away at the unknown smoke spot on campus (he went to a science and technology school for fucks sake, no shit no one knew about it...yet).

   come to find out not only did he forgot his pipe at home, tear through all but one paper, drop his weed on the floor 3 GODDAMN times AND after all that, his lighter was out of fluid.

leo was about to fucking cry. then, eden showed up.

she didn't even notice him at first, too busy looking over her shoulder to make sure she was in the clear. when she finally turned around she stopped in her tracks, immediately taking him in. leo was frozen in his fucking seat. he could not believe that eden morales had walked in on him about to cry, no hat, no weed in his system. he was about to shit himself.

----------------------------------------------

eden couldn't believe her luck.

she broke out of her weed coma earlier than usual this morning, so she had extra time to put together a cute fit for the day and get ready. then, she found $50 on her way to school so best believe she put that in her pocket real quick. when eden was putting her books away, getting ready to ditch class, she caught a whiff of her locker neighbor.

now something to note about eden, she was like a fucking bloodhound. and if there's weed involved--no chance.

this poor unsuspecting fool had no clue what the hell happened. joel was already high as shit. all he remembers was her radiant smile and good vibes. and with that, eden had a spring in her step and a joint in her possession, ready for pure bliss. when walking to the smoke spot she had accidentally discovered earlier in the year, she failed to actually pay any attention to who was already there. her reaction was immediate, and all she could do was thank god for the melanin she was blessed with that hid the red that flooded her cheeks. it was leo parker. he was sitting on the bench with his legs spread out and his hat on the bench next to him. his long, wavy hair was down and anyone could tell he'd been running his fingers through it. to put it nicely, leo looked stressed tf out. eden thought he looked pretty still. she always thought he looked pretty.

"shit sorry, i didn't realize anyone was here. i'll uhh leave you to it." she apologized and went to leave, not wanting to disrupt the privacy of the boy she had been intrigued with since the beginning of the year. she saw how his eyes were glistening.

"NO!"

both of their eyes widened at his volume--it was unnecessary as hell.

he cleared his throat, "i mean uh, no no that's cool you can stay i'm uh just chil-chilling" while he was talking he tried to nonchalantly move his leg to make room on the bench, and banged it against the little table he was using for rolling. he clenched his eyes shut out and was cursing himself in his head. she had to hold back a laugh before he opened his eyes again.

it was quiet for a second as they stared at each other.

then she smiled, took a seat and said, "okay well, if you're a snitch i'll be forced to get rid of your body and use my connections to make sure they never find you while you die and agonizing, excruciating death." then she lit up her joint with a rhinestone studded lighter. and when eden went to pass it to him, leo had the biggest smile on his face. from then on it was eden and leo. and they didn't want it any other way.

authors note:

this is kinda what i imagined eden wearing, with a white silk hair scarf instead of a headband

kind of a clusterfuck but i hope it made sense. this is set before civil war and homecoming.