2| i never told a lie

-------------------------------------------
behind midtown high
somewhere in queens, ny
late freshman year
12:02 pm

leo had asked eden to meet him at the smoke spot during lunch.

he had taken the money they had left and got a deal from a supplier he befriended at work.

leo started officially working at delmar's deli when he turned 15. he grew up going there for sandwiches with ben, and then ben wasn't there anymore. mr. delmar enjoyed the company from leo, even if he was quieter than before, so he didn't mind letting him help out around the store. he stocked in exchange for sandwiches until mr. delmar surprised him with an envelope of cash after he turned 15 and taught him the secrets of the sandwich.

one day he was behind the counter taking orders when a man in a purple and black hoodie comes up, "lemme get a number 7 with extra peppers and some mustard too, please" he said.

"oh man that's my order too, that sandwich is literally the best thing i've ever tasted."

and that's all it took.

leo learned that his name was aaron and he actually lived in brooklyn. and when he needed the hookup aaron was more than happy to provide for a friend.

"okay so we got the weed, we got some pre rolls ready and devon is on the way. you sure you wanna do it here?" eden didn't really like the idea of other people knowing about their secret smoke spot. but it made sense, they already spend all their free time there so people come to them.

"yeah it'll be fine denny don't worry" leo smiled

"if you don't stop with that i'm gonna report your possession of illegal substances with intent to distribute"

"yeah yeah" he sulked

they didn't have to wait much longer before devon showed up.

he was a scrawny, little white boy with glasses and the smallest boy in their school. it was actually really surprising that he was their first customer. but money is money.

he left with an eighth and a promise to spread the word to those in need that there's a new dealer on campus. it was the easiest $40 ever.

"alright now let's go get food, i got the munchies"

-------------------------------------------

the sidewalk
somewhere in queens, ny
that same day
2:47 pm

"i'm telling you, he takes people and keeps them in his house"

they were talking about coach wilson on the way to delmar's for leo's shift. eden was adamant that he took people off the street and kept them to force them to listen to his conspiracy theories.

she would die on that hill.

leo's cousin peter was with them. they were all in the same grade, but peter was the youngest. eden thought he was nice, a little weird, but nice. she noticed that sometimes he would react to things faster than they did. it wouldn't be weird to have good reflexes normally, however peter was not discreet.

during a gym class, eden was sat on the bleachers watching the volleyball game after she faked being on her period to get out of playing. peter had been talking to ned through the volleyball net while he was tying his shoes, when flash spiked the ball towards his head. there was no way anyone would've been able to avoid that, he put his whole soul into that. instead peter ducked to the floor at the very last second, making the ball bounce off the side post and go straight towards coach wilson's face. eden saw the whole thing and she'll never forget the face he made right as the ball came at his head. ever since then she's kept an eye on him.

"i don't know eden, he's not that weird" peter shook his head but there was a smile on his face. he liked hanging out with them, eden always had some crazy shit to say and leo was supportive.

"that's what they all say man"

eden snapped and pointed to leo in agreement, "exactly". it was only quiet for a second before peter started talking looking extremely nervous.

"hey uh i gotta go i totally forgot i had a study group after school and i'm so late" he was slowly backing away as he was talking and after an "okay?" from both of them, he ran around the corner where they came from. they both shared a look before continuing to walk.

"i told you he was fucking weird. i may have told a joke but i never told a lie"

"yeah but we can't kick him out. he's an orphan"

it was twenty more steps before they heard someone screaming for help. when they got there this guy in a weird blue and red sweatsuit that was fighting two big guys dressed in black. the guy that needed help was now recording this insane fight with a dude who is shooting white shit everywhere. he got them all tied up and told us to call the police before he left as quick as he came.

"what the fuck just happened?"

author's note:

the outfits for this chapter and eden's hair style, she's rocking that natural hair rn

btw if you know bert from cobra kai, that's who i'm imaging as devon lmaoo