1| i refuse to be a crack whore leo

-------------------------------------------

   eden is super confident, she tends to lack a filter and uses unusual methods to get what she wants but her heart's always in the right place. leo is extremely laidback and a little airheaded but, he's passionate about things he believed in.

eden was his biggest passion.

after the first time they smoked, eden and leo just gravitated towards each other. they would strike up random conversations and sit next to each in classes once they realized they had all but one together. it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

the first time they were having the heated debate about who would do a better job at putting a wig on mr. dell, he ended up walking her home and realized they lived down the block from each other. leo walked with her to and from school everyday after that.

it wasn't until later in the year that they came up with the idea.

-------------------------------------------

edens room
somewhere in queens, ny
late freshman year
4:46 pm

they were at eden's apartment, smoking on her bed because her parents were gone for the week.

"we should sell drugs." leo said as he blew out smoke.

he could barely make out the "oh shit" from eden as she was coughing up her lung from his both words and that dope ass indo.

honestly it wasn't the first time he brought it up, and she'd been thinking more about it for a while. it didn't sound too bad to her, she was smart but to be honest she only watched narcos for pedro pascal. still, there was really only thing stopping her.

it only took half a second for her to reply, "fuck no, have you met you? i'd end up getting sold to a low rent wannabe villain of the week because you wanted to try heroin (hare-on lmao), got addicted, used da whole supply and would do anything for more including putting your only decent friend in danger on the hunt for them drugs. i know your type motherfucker." and then she took another hit.

he wasn't deterred though. that just meant she was thinking about it.

"c'mon" he laughed out while sitting up on her bed, "with your smarts and my people skills i think we could really do something with this"

"you wanna know what i think?" she started with a smile, talking with her hands simultaneously, "i think that two kids from queens selling drugs feels a little too stereotypical given the state of the country, and the lack of morality and intelligence regarding the criminal justice system, AND the fact that the war on drugs specifically targets people of color like myself even more than usual after they forced us into this life with the systemic racism of their own creation. and one more time in case you missed it, we live in queens motherfucker, what if you decide not give someone a discount and they catch your ass and jack your shit? then what? no more hare-on but y'know that's just what i'm thinking", she shrugged.

leo loved when she got worked up about a topic. but he also knew he would win this one.

"we need the money" she paused. they had pooled their savings to buy a shit ton of weed to smoke together and their stash was getting smaller real quick. and eden was overdue for a thrift trip so, she thought he made some good points.

eden cleared her throat and nodded her head trying to seem nonchalant.

"yeah uh i um well you know what," she opened and closed her mouth a few times tryna figure out what the hell to say after all that. "upon further deliberation this may be something to look into" eden used her hands to emphasize her words even though her gesture made no fucking sense and added nothing to the conversation.

"but i'm gonna tell you something right now" she pointed at him, when he nodded eden said "i refuse to be a crack whore leo. i need you to swear like those little child slaves they take into the woods and tell them to cook with sticks and find shelter" she said with a serious face.

he had to take a second.

when eden got to a certain point smoking, she tended to forget the word and would just try to describe it. leo really enjoyed guessing what she's saying.

his brows were furrowed, confused before he realized. "what the fuck?! wait, are you talking about the boy scouts?"

now she was confused "yeah no shit dumbass scout's honor, that basically what i said. so swear that you'll never put me in a position to be a crack whore or even a regular ho like in hustle and flow. no one does it like taraji" she put her hand on her heart and waited for him to do the same, when he did it was quiet.

"what are we supposed to do now?" she asked leo

"i don't know i wasn't in the boy scouts"

"oh my fucking god"

authors note:

honestly this one made me giggle a lil bit so idc

okay so eden is in the orange with some shorts and leo is in the yellow with sweats

okay so eden is in the orange with some shorts and leo is in the yellow with sweats. they definitely both belong to leo