The crash (NATM)

Fandom: NATM
Ship: Jedtavius
Oneshot/ unfinished story: oneshot
Synopsis: the aftermath of the crash from the first movie

No one really knew how that damn tablet worked, but somehow it allowed the living exhibits to feel pain. Which is all Jedediah felt at the moment, everything ached. His head, his arms, his legs. It took a moment for him to come to conciseness and realise something felt off. This didn't feel like his bed... it felt softer and... bigger.

Stirring awake, he groaned in pain and sat up putting his hand to his head where it hurt the most.

"What in tarnation..." he muttered.

Opening his eyes he was met with an unfamiliar sight. This definitely wasn't his place... and definitely not the old west. The walls resembled marble with pillars by the entrance, the room was big and open and he was sitting in a bed much fancier than his.

"This is... Rome?" He questioned, the surroundings telling him he was in the next exhibit over to his.

Confused, he looked down at himself. His shirt was gone, a bandage wrapped over his arm and a few plasters on his skin. He was bruised, which would probably show up as a paint chip when he turned back to a plastic mini figure. His hat was placed on the bedpost, along with his bandana and his shirt was hung up like it had been washed. His chaps and boots sat underneath it, he realised he was left in his jeans and nothing else.

And it was when he turned to look at the figure beside him it all clicked.

"...Tavi?" He muttered.

Beside him leaning asleep on the bed was the man he'd had such a long running rivalry with. Octavius. And this room was clearly his. It was fit for a general and his helmet and armour were placed aside along with his sword and other weapons. He too looked bruised and battered. Jedediah remembered what had lead up to this, getting that tablet back and crashing the RC car into the snow, it literally exploding upon impact. That explained why everything hurt so badly then... he was the one in the drivers seat and toy cars don't exactly have airbags.

Octavius pulled him out of the wreck, took him back to the museum and patched him up. It must be the next night, because there's no way he could get all that one before sunrise. But Jedediah wondered... why?

After all the drama, the rivalry, the years of turf wars over expanding the exhibits... he could have easily just left Jed to die in the wreck, turn to plastic when the sun came up and never come to life again. But he didn't, he... saved him.

In the sheer chaos of getting the tablet back, the two were forced to put their differences aside and work together, to which they found they actually made a great team. Although neither of them were thinking about what would happen after that, they had too much to focus on getting the tablet back.

So now all was right in the museum, and they'd been forced to confront their rivalry and put it aside... what happened next?

"Hey... toga boy..." Jedediah said, shaking the Roman's shoulder to wake him "get up partner, you got some explaining to do"

Octavius stirred, waking up and taking a moment to fully come to. When he did however, he sat up and looked up at the cowboy who was now awake and seemed to be ok.

"Jedediah!" He exclaimed, pulling him into a tight hug.

"AHH- watch the arm! That shit hurts!" Jedediah exclaimed back.

"Sorry! Sorry..."

Octavius loosened his grip, taking a look at the bandaged you arm.

"You probably fractured it... the whole front of the car caved in..." Octavius explained.