20.

"OK guys, what else do we want to do? It's only half past ten," I ask as I smile.

"Phew, good question. I wouldn't do too much more, I have to be honest," says Yemaya.

"Maybe we can talk a bit more now and then do something tomorrow morning?" Finny agrees.

Toni nods in agreement and Nic looks somehow distant. I'll talk to him again later.

"OK, then we can get ready for bed and have a chat. The mattresses are already ready." (Me)

And we all set off. I'm the quickest to get changed, which is why I go back to Kay beforehand to see how he's doing. So I go down to the cellar and when I come in I can already smell the irresistible odour of fresh 0 negative. I take a deep breath and inhale everything.

"Awesome, isn't it? If it were up to me, we could go for a drink more often. Can you cope? With the smell?" (Kay)

"Mh, it's all good. I just love the smell of the 0 negative, by far better than the other groups. And you're fine?" I ask and smile at him.

"Yeah, everything's fine. I'll probably stay here for the holidays, if you want we could all go undercover and visit Phillip?"

I stare at the floor:" Isn't it too dangerous? I think the risk is too great. What if we all die?"

He looks me in the eye and makes me feel safe:" I don't think we'll all die. Aro only cared about you dying then, I don't think he's still monitoring the area. If you really want to, your friends can come with you and we can go camping."

"I'll think about it. I'll go back up then. I'll probably see you again later, right?" I ask.

"Not really, I've got a date with a girl I met in Spain, she's a fairy who lives in the human world."I nod approvingly and wink at him: "Well then, good luck."

He smiles at me and I go back to my friends. They are already involved in a conversation and I lie down on my mattress and ask:" What did I miss?"

"Nothing really, Yemaya is almost asleep and Finny is just leaning there," says Toni. I can already see his eyelids getting heavy.

"Okay, I think it's better if we continue talking tomorrow. Today was exhausting." (Me)Everyone agrees with me and after a good quarter of an hour everyone is asleep. I just get up again and go to the window and stare out into the forest at night.

Suddenly I hear a mattress crunching behind me. I turn round and look at Nic, who has sat up and is now looking at me.

"Are you ok?" he asks.

"Mh, are you okay? You seem even quieter than usual today." I ask worriedly.

"Well, I'm thinking a lot. About you, about this whole world that I didn't know anything about before and then sometimes I feel so strange. It all just comes together. And I'm only telling you this because I really trust you. So please don't talk to anyone about it. I don't want to annoy anyone with it, only with you I have the feeling that you take me seriously." (Nic)

Wow, he's rarely said so much in one piece.

"Of course you can trust me." I smile slightly at him. "Can't sleep either?"

"No, there's so much going on in my head and it's all mixed up," he replies gloomily.

"I have an idea, if you want, I could try to help. To banish it all from your head, at least for a little while." (Me)

"Really? I'd be open to anything," he says.

I turn round and open a secret compartment in my wardrobe and take out the small leather bag with the fairy dust. I gesture for Nic to come to me. He stands up and walks slowly to me. The fairy dust glows golden in the pouch. That's all I have left of it.

"This is fairy dust, just a little and a happy thought is enough to feel something incredible," I explain.

He looks at me sceptically, but then nods. Curiosity usually wins. So I stroke his cheeks a little and continue: "So, try to think of a very happy moment. Concentrate only on this thought and push the rest away"

Nic closes his eyes and concentrates and after a very short time he is floating slightly in the air. He doesn't realise it at first until I say: "Now, keep this thought and open your eyes again. Don't be alarmed, it's completely normal."

He slowly opens his eyes and looks below him, he is startled and lands on the floor again. His look is shocked:" What was that?"

I reply with a smile:" That's what should happen. If you keep the happy thought in the foreground, you can fly."

Nic still looks shocked. I help him up and look deep into his eyes. He looks back and concentrates again. This time he's really floating and smiling at me. I pull him gently to the window, open it and climb out. I float outside the window on the first floor and look into the room. "Do you trust me Nicolas?"

He looks me in the eye uncertainly:" Yes, I trust you."

"Okay, then let's fly," I say with a mischievous grin. I take him by the hand and pull him gently out of the window until he is hovering in the air next to me. "The most important thing is that you keep your happy thoughts in the foreground. Got that?"

"Yes, I think I can manage that." (Nic)

"Do you want to see my favourite place?" (Me)

"Sure!" (Nic)

And I take him by the hand and fly off. At first he's a bit surprised that it's going a bit faster, but I notice how he lets go and relaxes. We fly over the trees, straight to my favourite clearing in the middle of the forest by a small spring. We land there and Nic takes a look around.

________________________________________________________________________________

So, soon i'll be dropping a big bombshell in the story, I hope you're looking forward to it.

 jo_wolve