011 | The secret

April woke up in the morning with her head next to Carl, she got up and grabbed her knife and gun from her bag.

Everyone was still sleeping, other the Daryl.

"Of course" She thought to herself.

"April, why are you up?"
"Couldn't sleep"
"A girl your age needs sleep y'know"
"Yeah, so I've been told"
"Look about yesterday, I shouldn't be calling you kid, it's not my place I get that"
"Whatever" She obviously hadn't got over the comments he had made yesterday.

Eventually Carl stirred awake, his mind was set on asking April about the bite.

She walked into the cell just as he was getting up, Carl had a serious look on his face.

The girl was confused and continued to look at him.

The words came out without thinking, "What's that bite mark on your arm?"

She froze, completely, to the point she thought her organs were shutting down.

"W-what"
He walked towards her and yanked her sleeve up.

"This, what is that?"
"Carl.."
"No, what is that?"
"It's not what you think I swear"
"So what the hell is it"
"A human, a human bit me and it left a mark"
"Sure"
"I'm serious, god if I was infected i would have turned already"

April walked away from him, and pulled her sleeve back down hoping he wouldn't tell anyone.

Before she could even make it out of the prison he was already behind her.

"Why wouldn't you tell anyone?"
"Cause you know what they would think, they'd kill me"
"Someone's gonna find out"
"Not unless you tell"
"I wont"
"Good"

The girl continued to walk away from the building hoping he wouldn't follow this time.

Outside Rick, Daryl, T-dog, Carol, Glenn and Maggie were talking to two prisoners.

She joined them and stood there, the men wanted to negotiate what cell block they could be in.

All the adults discussed whether or not they could move, but ultimately Rick decided no, like always.

Suddenly Hershel came out on crutches, but before celebrating, walkers came out behind them.

Lori shot them along with Carl, seeing the way Hershel could move, she ran as fast as she could.

April got close enough to shoot and did so, Carl stared at her, through the fighting he could still picture her as a pretty girl.

No hesitation she ran with him, alongside Lori and Maggie, shooting a few more walkers as they ran inside.

Daryl gave Maggie a look, the look of "take care" she knew he meant April.

They got inside and turned a corner, more walkers came spilling out.

"Shit!" Maggie yelled, Lori could barely move, she was slow.

The group walked through halls until Lori collapsed against a wall.

"The baby's coming"

The girls face went pale, walkers were coming from both sides, there was one door it lead to an electric room.

Her contractions were bad, they all knew it would come before Hershel could get there, not to mention the dead outside the door.

Lori layed down, Carl was panicking but kept it together well.