Prologue

"He's late, again." Zander grumbled. "Hailey sighed in annoyance, "What do expect from him?" "Cut him some slack guys." Luke said giving a hug to Zander from behind. "He's always late, even though we eat lunch with him." Milly laughed a little. "He's coming don't worry, anyways you guys hear about the spring activities?" Sean said changing the subject while they waited.

Hailey thought for a second, "Well I know we're performing a song for the festival right be for the formal." "Oh that's about month from now." Luke said immediately right after her, she nodded before sighing. "Me and Jake need to work on the song, I'll try to make plans with him." "If he shows up." Zander said in his snarky tone. "Have some faith in him sweetie." Luke said pecking his forehead. And as if Luke had known Jake busted into the room panting.

"Jake, mind explaining why you were late?" Hailey said looking annoyed. "Well sorry if the principal saw me and Daisy talking. She decided to remind us of the two weeks after the student band competition." He shuddered at the last part. "Try to show up, on time." Hailey said in a motherly tone. He muttered, "Sorry mom." "Excuse me Sterling?" She said death glaring him. Milly bursted into laughter as Sean chuckled. Zander looked pleased as Luke rubbed his forehead.

The bell soon rang, signaling the end of lunch. Hailey made her way over to her duet partner, "Hey Hails, need anything?" Jake asked putting his jacket on. She spoke calmly, "You available anytime to meet up? We need to start writing the music for the festival before the formal." "Yeah, can we meet at my place? Zander will give me attitude and I'm seriously not in the mood for it." He rolled his eyes at the last part. Hailey giggled a little, "Yeah sure, send me your address." "Okay, see you in athletics princess." He teased before walking out of the room. She felt her heart flutter, strange but soon left as well to class.