{Chapter 16}

Charlotte was furious, she had just witnessed the night before. That stupid teal haired freak and her ex kissing, she hated it. The girl sat on her bed contemplating things, she had several pictures of all his friends. But she couldn't do much as she still had to wait. Last night she had taken a picture of the two, Ms. Vera just looked at the picture with disgust and rage. "I'll get you for this Austin. You're dead to me."

——————————————————————————————————————————

It was a Saturday, Hailey was sitting at home. Zander had gone out with Luke while Milly and Sean went to the mall to get pizza. All she could think about was last night and last night alone. But soon her mind trailed off to Zander. He seems to have gotten closer to Jake along with Luke. It made her smile at the thought, maybe they would end up as good friends. While she was in the middle of her thoughts the doorbell rang. Curious she walked out of her room and peeked her head out. Shannon opened the door, there stood Ms. Sterling and her son. Milo. The mother's stood there talking for a while, before Ms. Sterling waved and left, leaving Milo. "Oh Hailey! You remember Milo right? His mom has to go somewhere so he'll be staying with us for a few hours."

"Yeah, I remember him. Hi Milo." Hailey said coming into the room fully.

"Oh hey Hailey, you know you can still ditch my brother and come to me." Milo smirked, Hailey laughed at this.

"Really? I'm okay though." Milo raised his eyebrow.

"So you are dating him?" Shannon smirked,

"What's this I hear about dating Jake?" Hailey flushed pink and stammered while not thinking straight,

"W-what?! No! But we may or may not have kissed yesterday. Twice." The two looked shocked but Milo quickly asked,

"Wait then why aren't you dating." Hailey shrugged but didn't choose to answer.

——————————————————————————————————————————

Milo spent the next two hours just sitting up in her room, the two made small talk mainly about his brother. "Wait so you want to know about this girl named Charlotte?" Hailey nodded before he continued, "His ex-girlfriend, me and mom personally didn't like her. They dated for around 3 months before he found she was cheating on him and telling all their friends rumors about him. It was I believe an outside of school group of friends. He lost all of them after that except this girl named Daisy. But I believe she was the only who goes to your school."

"Oh okay, how did you see their relationship?" She asked while cleaning up her room. Milo's facial expression turned into an uncomfortable one.

"Bad, at the beginning I have a feeling she liked him but as time went on she got bored. Jake can be so blind though, at least when he likes someone."

Hailey chuckled, "Yeah that's him alright, but dang kid how you know all this about your brother?"

"I hear him cry to mom about all this stuff, but there was a point where he just looked depressed and miserable. He didn't talk to mom about it so I don't really know what happened. Oh right it was right before your competition thingy." Milo said while lying back against a wall. Hailey suddenly felt guilty, she knew exactly what happened.

"Ah okay but-". She spoke trying to lighten the mood but heard the doorbell ring. Milo perked up,

"I think my mom's here."

The duo made their way down stairs to see Jake and Shannon in the doorway. He was smiling awkwardly while she kept smiling and asking him how he was doing. "You're not mom." Milo spoke annoyed.

Jake and Shannon turned to them, "Yeah no dip Sherlock. But where is mom?"

"She had to take care of some things. What are you doing here?" Shannon asked curiously, Milo and her smirked.

Jake sighed, "I actually came here to ask Zander and Luke something, it's just that I need to talk with them. I was just going to stop by as I just finished meeting up with one of my friends."

"They aren't here, went out on a date. But what's so important that you need to talk to them and not your best friend?" Hailey asked with a playful banter in her voice. Shannon smirked before saying,

"Don't you mean future girlfriend hun? But I'll be in the kitchen kids, Milo I'll text your mom that Jake came by so she won't need to pick you up."

"Okay, anyways I'm going to go watch T.V. because I don't want to see you two flirting." Milo said leaving the two teenagers alone.

——————————————————————————————————————————

They soon just found themselves hanging out in her room. Hailey was sitting on her bed while Jakes head laid on her lap. She occasionally would rub it with her hand while they spoke, she swore she saw him melting in content. Soon the topic of last night came up. "So, what now?"

Jake looked up at her, "I don't know. How do you want to go about this, I'm okay with whatever."

"Well uhm, we could try dating? Only if you're okay with it. But I'm scared, I don't want to lose you as a best friend." She mumbled while stopping her hand motions. He sat up and looked at her,

"Of course I am okay, don't feel embarrassed about anything. But remember I'll always be your best friend so you can talk to me like that too, just because feel this way about each other doesn't mean those parts will change if we started dating."

Hailey felt her heart beat rapidly before hugging him tightly. He returned the hug and they sat there smiling. Once everything calmed down Hailey spoke gently. "So what were you going to talk to Zander and Luke about?"

"Just Charlotte, I have a feeling somethings off. And she's a maniac I don't want you directly involved." Jake sighed and cuddled into her.

"What do you mean?" Her face filled with confusion.

Jake mumbled, "Crazy, she would go to any possible lengths to achieve whatever sick and twisted goal she has. I've seen it serval times with my own eyes."

Hailey didn't know what to think, she was happy that Jake was hers now but. Something felt wrong when he said that. Very wrong. She didn't want to believe it but maybe this isn't her happy ending, maybe something else is coming.

Sorry this is rushed I'm just slowly losing motivation for this 😭😭😭