{Chapter 17}

"Good morning Hailey." Zander yawned walking into the kitchen to see his older sister drinking some tea.

"Morning, how was your sleep?" She asked looking up at him.

"It was fine." He said going to the fridge. Soon their mother walked into the kitchen greeting them.

"Hey kids, did you both have fun with your boyfriends yesterday?" Zander nodded,

"Yeah me and Luke- wait what?!" He stopped and looked at Hailey who was slightly red.

"I'm just kidding Hailey. Though you both would make a cute couple." Shannon smirked.

Hailey awkwardly rubbed her cup, "About that, so I was going to wait to tell anyone. But I'm sure he won't mind. Also Zander would've just found out anyways, you're good at reading people." She turned to him, he grinned.

"Of course I am." Shannon chuckled before saying,

"Yes dear don't get too cocky though, but Hailey continue."

She nodded before blurting out, "We're dating now."

"What?! Who?!" Zander shouted closing the fridge in shock. His mother smirked,

"A certain boy with blond hair and coral tips."

"No! Not him Hailey!" Zander whined as she gave an uncomfortable smile,

"Surprise?"

————————————————————————————

"Jake! Come do the dishes!" His mother called from downstairs.

Jake walked down groaning, "Kay. But uhm mom?"

"Yes dear?" She asked turning to him. He shuffled uncomfortably.

"I think I saw someone outside my window last night. Do we have cameras?"

Her eyes widened, "No. I'll be sure to get some now. Lock your windows at night now. And you can sleep in Milo's room with him from now."

"Okay, but I'm probably going to go to my girlfriend's later." He said coming up to help with the plates. She smirked,

"Is it Hailey?"

"Wait what?!" He jumped in surprise.

"Honey, I knew it was bound to happen. Okay now let's get to work." She smiled and continued cleaning.

————————————————————————————

"Oh hello Jake. You're here again, welcome." Shannon said smiling and pinching his cheek.

"Hello Ms. Whickham, is Zander and Hailey here?" He asked rubbing his cheek and walking in.

"Zander is but Hailey went out with her dad to go get groceries. And please call me Shannon." She said was a glint in her eye.

"Wait what?" He crooked his head as Zander came into the room.

"Oh, I thought Luke was here. But overheard some things, let me get to the point. Hailey told us this morning."

"Makes more sense now." Jake awkwardly smiled. "But can we talk Zander, weird things happened last night and I don't want to bother Hailey with it."

"Hmm about what?" Zander's mum asked slightly suspicious.

"Nothing mum, come on Jake we can wait for Luke." He groaned and grabbed his wrist dragging him away.

————————————————————————————

Soon Luke arrived and the group sat in Zander's room talking. "So what exactly do you want to talk about?"

Jake uncomfortably replied, "I've been feeling off since Friday night. Like someone's been watching me. Last night I swear I saw someone in my window."

"Okay, cool you've got a stalker. Uhm so do you think you know who it is?" Zander asked.

He nodded, "Yeah I think it's Charlotte."

"Jake, woah just cause she's your ex girlfriend doesn't mean she has bad intentions-". Luke started to say but was cut off.

"You don't know her like I do, her mind is so freaking sick she'll do anything to reach her goals." Jake stated angrily. Just then the group heard a door open and a bunch of commotion coming from outside the room.

"I think Hailey and your dad are home." Luke said his thoughts aloud. Zander then shouted,

"Hailey! I have people over don't come in!" The taller boys looked at the shorter one in confusion before the door opened.

"Zander who are these "friends" anyways-". Hailey stopped when seeing Jake smiling at her.

"I said to not come in." He grumbled before she shot,

"Zander, other times I don't have to come in. But this is my bloody boyfriend!"

"Boyfriend?!" Luke yelled surprised. The three looked at each other before looking at Luke.

"Sorry forgot to tell you." Zander said leaning on him. He got a warm smile on return,

"It's okay, I'm just a little surprised. But wait aren't you scared that Charlotte-". Jake had cut him off.

"Uh let's talk about something else. Like food!" He nervously laughed afterwards. He clearly didn't want to talk about it.

So sorry for how short and late this is, just been busy with my studies 🤍