{Chapter 12} Dozens of options

It was a calm Tuesday after school. The group had just finished band rehearsals, Jake felt a lot better after talking with his family yesterday. His mother had allowed him to stay home and calm down before returning the next day.

Jake smiled when Hailey came up to him, as much as he loved and wanted to be with her he knew she wouldn't feel the same. "Hey Jake!"

"Rehearsals over?" He hopefully asked causing her to laugh.

"Yeah don't worry, we were going to head to the mall. You coming? Sean offered to drive us."

Jake nodded, "Yeah I'd rather do that than go home to be-!"

Milly had jumped onto Jake causing him to jump a little. "Milly!"

"Sorry couldn't help myself, is he joining us?" She turned to Hailey who nodded, "Sweet this is going to be even more poggers!!"

The group began to make their way to the car, Sean had pulled the two backseats up for them. Milly wanted to ride "shot gun" so Luke and Zander sat all the way in the back while Jake and Hailey sat in the middle.

"What are we going to even do at the mall?" Jake asked looking out the window.

Milly replied, "Go shopping and eat pizza of course!"

Hailey let out a happy sigh while looking at her phone, "Watcha looking at Hails?" Jake asked upon hearing her. He rotated himself to see her phone.

"All these pretty dresses that are in one of the shops at the mall." She giggled showing him.

—————————————————————

Once they got there Milly ran straight to the food court, causing the whole group chase after her. They all ate and talked mainly about upcoming events.

"So who y'all going to the spring formal with?" Milly asked chewing some pizza.

"Well obviously Luke." Zander rolled his eyes, Luke just gave a small smile.

Hailey chuckled at the two, "Dunno, you wanna go together Milly?"

"Yeah 100% as long as Elliot doesn't ask me out." Milly said blushing a little. They all gave her smug looks.

"Anyways what about you two?" Luke asked turning to Sean and Jake.

Jake shrugged before saying, "May or may not even end up going, depends on what happens the next...few days."

They all looked at Jake who was now lost in his thoughts, Sean broke the silence. "I might ask Daisy, if that's cool with you Jake."

Jake turned his attention upon hearing his name. "Yeah that's fine, to be honest I don't really feel anything for Daisy other than thankful. She really got me through middle school."

They all looked surprised and a conversation broke out into how Jake and Daisy became friends. "Wait so you and her were really close in middle school?" Milly asked surprised

Jake nodded, "She came over to my house a lot, my mom really liked that I'd made a friend."

"That's cool, so about how long since you've known each other?" Zander asked grabbing a napkin.

Jake groaned, clearly getting bored. "A little over 5 years. Nothing much, I met her in sixth grade but didn't really become friends with her until seventh."

"Do you guys want to go formal shopping? I know we probably won't get a chance to all meet up like this." Hailey suggested fiddling with her bracelets.

The group nodded in agreement before splitting up into pairs as they all didn't want to go in a big group.