Day 17 - Razzle without Dazzle

I had a Long story plan today, but I was so exhausted from today's event, I ended up taking a nap for the first time and who knows how long, and the long one shot I have planned will have to be written another day. So when I was trying to think of some short ideas I could write, this one came to mind. I guess it comes with the whole I have been interested in insight stories lately. Who knows. I just haven't seen any stories so far on Razzle's perspective, so I thought this would be a good one based on my speculation of how the two had a bond and how he's dealing with things.

My brother is dead. He was killed on the line of battle. He was killed by an angelic weapon. He never should have died. If I could do it all over again with the knowledge I know now, I would have sacrificed my own life so he didn't have to die.

It's always been Razzle and Dazzle. Now it's just Razzle. Just me.

We have been together for ever. Since we were created for Charlie, we have always done a tag team. One day, I would help with cleaning and Dazzle helps with the cooking, other days we switch.

It was a fun routine we had. But that is all gone now. My brother is gone.

A part of me feels like it's missing. I wonder if it's because we were created at the same time. Charlie's father patched us together from fabric he created.

Our sweet little princess was not into ducks like our master was, but rather something soft which is why we exist. It's why I exist.

Every time I think about how I'm alone now, I just feel sad. The good thing is, Charlie put a statue of dazzle in the yard. He was in his grand dragon form. Most of the time we are just flying goats. Fun size as our master calls us.

I don't know how much longer I can take before I fall apart. I have no one to talk to, or at least no one that can understand me besides KeeKee. She often keeps to herself anyway.

Plus, she's a pet, I'm a companion. I'm someone that serves another.

The construction of the new hotel was nice and smooth. The old rundown hotel my brother and I called home was no more. I'm sure if he was still alive, he would have loved it here.

The hotel is bigger now, and it feels so empty with just the few residents. I don't know how we are going to keep track of everything in the hotel. I'm sorry, I mean how I am going to keep track of everything.

I miss my twin.

Dazzle, if there was any way you could come back to me, please find it. I miss you.

For the next few days, I found myself flapping my little wings to just talk to my brother in front of the statue. Because they made him in his grand form, I have to fly pretty high just to talk to his face.

Now that I think about it, I don't know what happens to us when we die. We were dolls created by our master and given life through his magic. The fact that we can die scares me now. It was something I never expected. Something that I thought would never happen. But if I was to die, we would I go? We are already in the afterlife, but what is the afterlife for people born here? I wasn't even born, I was created.

If I am to ever pass on, I hope I get to see you again my dear brother. I hope that wherever you are, you can see how far we have come. I hope you can see how far Charlie's dream is going. I hope you can talk to Sir Pentious who had also fallen in battle.

Please watch over us, Dazzle. My dearest twin.

A/N: this will be my shortest one shot for this entire challenge. It is pretty much the exact same word count for my other story I have. My original work that is just a idea I was playing around with. I really didn't want to post something short today, but plans change. I hope to have something better for you guys tomorrow. I might come back to this one later and extend it more. But I'm not sure. I'll see you guys tomorrow. I do have work in the morning which sucks, but I can come up with some plans for more one shots and the current ones I'm working on while I'm cutting fruit.

~Akira

Posted: 3/08/2024