Chapter 3: First Day of School

In your school uniform, you were walking with Akeno to school.

Akeno: "Are you nervous?"

"Surprisingly, yes. I've snuck into Eternity bases and warehouses that have multiple armed-to-the-teeth guards and machines that can incinerate people in just seconds, and never feared the worst. But this is something different. Going to school may be ideal for most in Endless, but I am nervous. Common sense is something I don't have."

Akeno: "I think you'll do fine. You're a pretty handsome guy. I think the girls will like you."

"Are they really going to talk to me on a whim just because I have some looks?"

Akeno patted yourself on the shoulder.

Akeno: "They are normally friendly. You'll get along with them. By the way, let's keep the family relationship a secret."

"But can we say we did consider each other family long ago?"

Akeno: "Why not? I'd love to see how jealous the boys will get."

"This school isn't exactly for high-class students, is it?"

Akeno: "It is, it's just that not all students have class sometimes. Some are truly hopeless."

"Well, here's to a first day of school."

You and Akeno arrived at the school and you went to your class. The girls in your class are excited to see a handsome guy, much to the jealousy of the guys present.

You remained stayed silent for most of the class and listened to the lecture the teacher gave. You didn't know much, so you couldn't slack off.

After class ended, you walked around and saw Akeno bringing lunch.

Akeno: "Y/N, how was your first class?"

"It went well as can be."

Akeno: "Great. I made lunch for both of us. Want to eat together?"

"Guess so."

You and Akeno ate lunch together as a few guys watched, mad that they're not the ones eating with her.

"I think the guys wish they were in my place."

Akeno: "Then let's not stop making them drool with envy."

You and Akeno finished your lunch and walked together.

"Things are way different out here. It's pretty peaceful compared to Endless."

Akeno: "We'll find out who Infinite is and make him pay. I'm just glad you're back in my life."

"Same."

The two of you smiled as Akeno hugged you.