February 1st

"Mr crabs?" SpongeBob asked cleaning the grills before opening "what is it me boy?" Mr krabs responded, scuttling into the kitchen. " Do you know where Squidward is?" SpongeBob knew he hated this job, though he didn't know why but he was never this late. "Oh he's," Mr Krabs seemed nervous "taking the day off!".  SpongeBob thought to himself, it sounded like squidward. Maybe he could visit him after work. It was fairly uneventful apart from the failed attempt to steal the secret formula from plankton. However SpongeBob was still thinking about Squidward. Now that he thought about it, Squidward always seemed to take more days off in spring. Maybe he uses the spring colors in his paintings. "SpongeBob me boy!" Mr Krabs snapped him back to reality. "We closed an hour ago go home! I ain't paying for no overtime!" "Yes Mr Krabs!" How long was he daydreaming? Anyways he should head home, Gary won't feed himself. When he got to his block he noticed something missing, the sound of clarinet. Now SpongeBob knew something was up, he had the day off all day there's no way he would have missed the opportunity to practice! SpongeBob headed into his pineapple home to feed Gary before grabbing a flashlight to look for him. He started by checking Squidwards house, after all maybe he was just being paranoid and he went to bed early. He knocked on his door, hopefully he would answer. Nothing. The worry became heightened as he knocked again. Nothing. SpongeBob was panicking now, Squidward would have answered by now! SpongeBob lifted the doormat to grab the spare key and quickly unlocked the door! "Squidward!" SpongeBob shouted into the dark empty house. Nothing. The room looked like a Tuscan bull worm ran through it, paintings knocked off their walls, tables flipped. He ran to the bedroom, please be there. The room was trashed. The canopy of his bed busted through and the bunkie boards were caved in. It felt like the room was spinning. Where was Squidward? SpongeBob thought he was going to pass out. He rushed down the stairs and out the door! He felt as the water entering his lungs was evicted as soon as it arrived as he ran around bikini bottom! "Squidward!" He cried out into the night! He searched every corner, every nook, every cranny, and still no Squidward. His heart sank as it felt like the water around him disappeared. He looked everywhere, where else could he be? The jellyfish fields. It was a long shot but he didn't know where else he could be. He ran back home to grab his net, he might aswell get some jelly fishing in if he was going there, might even keep him more level headed. As he trekked into the jellyfish fields the place felt different. Maybe because he never went here at night or because of his missing friend but the place felt bigger, scarier. He had been running all over bikini bottom, he had to be here. SpongeBob felt like his legs would give out any second when he found the cave. This was the last place he could be, so please be here. As he walked into the cave he felt a snap beneath his feet. Out of the darkness peered two yellow eyes with pupil filling the vast majority of them. "Excuse me, giant monster, have you seen my friend Squidward?" SpongeBob slurred as he spoke. "SpongeBob?" The giant creatures eyes blinked into small red rectangular pupils. The creature wasn't a creature. As it emerged into the light he saw his friends head sitting on 8 arms and 2 tentacles. It was giant, but it was still Squidward. "Oh Squidward," SpongeBob sighed, too tired to register his friends new size "you're ok, that's a relief.". And with that all his energy was gone and he collapsed into a waiting tentacle.