VIII. Extreme

'Till now... He's still scared of his mama and papa sometimes. They are a weird couple, as he would like to think. But he knows that their love for each other is genuine.

But still, they are scary.

His mother is well known for her athletic reputation. With beauty that people described as something that could make a man faint with just one flutter of her eyes. Even now, she still keeps her hair short, but people wonder to what extent her beauty would upgrade if she just let it grow out. That's how magazines usually portray his mama. But to him, with one gaze from her, it could send shivers down your spine. He knows that she loves him very much, but still. When does she get angry? Hide. She's already not that expressive, but when his mother gets overwhelmed by her emotions, it really shows on her face. Scary...

His father. He is well known as a senior detective in the city. He still kept his body in shape, and he thinks if his papa ever got into a fight, he'd still win. To him, it was already a problem when his mama got angry, but it doubled the problem when his mama told his papa and got mad as well. Double scary...

One time, when he was six years old, both of his parents stared at him while they were eating their dinner. It was after he accidentally pushed his classmate down the river. He muttered a sorry, but the intensity of their gazes sent him bursting to tears.

Really, his father is scary. Especially when he approached him whenever he had done something wrong? He would be frozen in his place and start sweating nervously. That's the effect his father has on him when he gets mad. His father already had an ominous aura sometimes, and the best thing you can do is not let that aura be directed at you.

'My parents are really scary.'

"Suho! Your mother and father are over there!"

His body tensed up as he heard his teacher telling him that, and when he turned to look around, There they are.

With his mother's right arm wrapped around his father's left, he supported her as they walked, emitting an intimidating aura. The atmosphere suddenly changed, and the whole place got quiet.

Suho's mother wore a black dress with accessories adorning her hair; with that light eye makeup, Haein's beauty popped. His father wore matching black attire, his buttoned-up shirt neatly tucked in his pants. His hair was swept up lightly, further proving how handsome he is. Their attire matched the theme the family got for the special Halloween event their school organized. The Sung family got a vampire-themed costume from the drawing lot. At first, Suho got nervous about this theme as it would heighten the scary aura his parents had, but he chose to shake those worries away.

And so he was not surprised when his classmates and their families got quiet as his parents walked down the aisle towards him. He could notice the slight turn of his father's lips upwards in amusement, and his mother was pinching her husband's side in warning.

"Suho.." His mama greeted him before giving him a hug.

Amidst young Suho's thoughts, he was still happy they made it.

"Mama! You told me you couldn't make it, though." Suho grinned up at his parents, and he laughed when Jinwoo poked his side.

"Well, it is our surprise to you, buddy."

The event started, and different games and performances were prepared just for the audience. It was the first official event of the school for the children's families, so they prepared one special event."The next game would be... a competition! For Halloween, the best family that can showcase how scary they can be will win! And then..."Suho grinned. He feels giddy. He stood on the stage with his parents just behind him. His father tapped his fingers to the count of three, and at the same time they looked up. Their gazes bore through the audience. The ominous aura they emitted made the place quiet again.With just one look, the family won.

"Happy we won, Suho?" Haein looked at the backseat of their car, seeing her son happily clutching the trophy they got from the competition.

"Mhm! 'cause you two were really scary... Really! I have parents who are extreme! Extreme!"

"Extreme?"

"It's this show he's watching, dear. Extreme because it's scary."

The couple laughed to themselves when Suho kept calling them the extremes.

Later, as they got home, Jinwoo parked their car back in the garage. Suho went out, skipping in joy, back to their home.

"Meow!"

He stopped in his tracks as he looked around and saw a cat lying in their yard. Suho stared at it and frowned.

The cat then screeched and ran away from the place.

"Huh?"

Jinwoo and Haein looked at their son in question. Just now, they felt something was off. It was quick; it lasted for a few seconds. That ominous aura, Suho gave it off too. Jinwoo glanced at his wife and mumbled in conclusion.

"Our son is also extreme, you know."

"Yeah, like you."

"Why do you always say it's only me?"

"Oh, please, stop whining, Jinwoo, dear."

To be continued...