Tack Sees Someone

(fanart of tack the cobbler + fireman elvis cridlington, my two favorite characters combined)

Prince Tack, formerly Tack the Cobbler, walked about the streets, helping anyone in need. He didn't know why, but from a young age he had always felt this urge to help people. Sometimes it was in the background, but other times it persisted throughout the day and consumed him. But he enjoyed helping people no matter what, and now it was even better with his little white rat thing.

"What shall I name you?" he muttered as he looked down at the rat, "something noble, I suppose?" His deep baritone could be heard echoing all throughout the streets, causing people to turn their heads.

The rat made a squeaking sound, as if trying to decide his own name.

"What about..." Tack rubbed his chin, "Arif? Yes, Arif, that's a nice name, isn't it?"

Arif the Rat nodded and squeaked happily.

"Good," Tack pet the rat, "Arif it is."

Tack would have enjoyed the rest of the day, had he not seen something that had caught his attention. It was a blue figure, with long fingers and a large smile.

"Is that-" Tack said, trying to follow the character, "no, it couldn't be..." 

He couldn't catch a glimpse of them, but they were tall with a big black robe.

"No..." Tack said, "no no no...

But before he could say anything more, they had disappeared. Just like that, right in front of his eyes. Almost like...

Magic.