II

Draco Malfoy

It's been a month since I started to watch her from outside her house, gathering all the information about her, like where she goes, at what times she goes.

Roseline Walker's a nurse at a psychiatric hospital, with a five year old daughter, the father I couldn't get any information about, she has a best friend Lexi Morgan, who had a six years old son, their kids are bestfriend too.

She works a day shift at the hospital on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Night one on Tuesday, Thursday. Going to arcade with her daughter on Saturdays, sometimes her bestfriend's son would join them too. Sometimes taking her daughter to the park

She wakes up every morning at six, gets ready for the day, then makes herself a coffee, and a toast for her daughter before school.

It's a lot of work to gather these information, for the past weeks I have spent at least a few hours everyday just following her. But it isn't that hard really, she goes to work before ten, and she heads back home after six, when it's a day shift. and she always stays in the neighborhood, always, there's no surprises.

No guys. No dates. Nothing.

If there's one thing I like to do when I need to distract myself from the stuff going on in the wizarding world, it's watching her, watching her is calming, contrast to all the murders and tortures I have to do everyday, for dark lord.

And so it became a ritual, watching her, day after day. It relaxes me to observe her mundane existence, a routine so simple and consistent, and completely devoid of any hint of magic and mystery. Her life is like a calming balm to my soul, soothing away all the stress and worry of my days in the dark arts.

After I saw her for the first time a month ago. For few days I tried to convince myself that she's a muggle woman and I'm a wizard, I shouldn't be all obsessive over someone I haven't even met or talked. But one day I found myself thinking about her face when I was aggravated.

And how the mere flash of her face in my mind calmed me down.

it's impossible to not be fascinated by her daily routine. I begin to look forward to each morning, knowing it will bring me the chance to watch her again. I begin to plan my days around her schedule, and soon I find myself eagerly waiting for her to make her morning coffee each and every day.

I can't stop watching her, and she doesn't even see me. I feel safe here, watching her, because I know that she would never accept me if she knew who I truly am.

I have to say. Watching her has become the highlight of my day. I look forward to the day she wakes up, does her daily routine of making coffee, and waking up the little one, watching her as she takes the little one to school and goes to work.

The fact that she is a single mom, makes it even more interesting.

It's calming like I said, the boring life of human world is a contrast to everything I had to do daily.

And it is safe and comforting to watch her. Knowing she is unaware of the things I've done, and the things I might do. The things she would surely never accept me if she knew.

She is simple and ordinary, her life mundane and unremarkable.

A distraction. Safe, simple, and calm.

There are times I want to interact with her, but I know I can't do that, I'm a wizard she's a muggle.

The line between wizarding world and muggle world should never be crossed. If it does, consequences will follow.

But every now and then, I get this feeling that I can't explain.

I want to talk to her, I want to touch her, I want her to be mine, even temporarily, just for one day, I would do anything to hold her.