VI

Roseline Walker
Next day on Monday

"I swear to god, Lexi he was so weird!" I exclaimed as we're both putting on our scrubs "I'm sure as hell he's a ghost or something maybe a demon? Because how can someone just disappear?"

"That is super weird," she agreed, "how can someone just disappear behind a tree? Like what, he's a magician or something?"

"Yeah, but it gets weirder, he knows my name," I tell her still thinking about yesterday's encounter.

"What? how would a ghost know your name?" she asks, looking at me in disbelief.

"Ghosts known everything!" I tell her as we pin up our hairs

"So, you're saying this is a ghost who somehow has a body, knows everything and is flirting with you?" she looks at me, her face is full of surprise,

"Yup, that's what I'm saying."

"And you can see it and talk to it?" she asks me again, just to make sure she heard me right.

"Yes, and he disappears behind trees" I added

She just shook her head like she was speechless and started laughing, "Baby, I love you but Ghosts don't exist"

"Okay, then why don't you explain to me how this 'ghost' knows my name, why is he flirting with me and how did he disappear behind a tree?" I asked her sarcastically

"Well, I don't have an answer for that," she admitted and suddenly realized how scary it was. "It probably was a stalker. You should be careful walking by yourself from now on, who knows he could be following you."

So I should just believe that a stalker has been following me for quite some time now and somehow he can just randomly disappear behind trees?

"Oh my god, Lexi, you don't believe me?" I asked her, still shocked by what she just said.

"I mean yeah, a human is a lot more likely than a ghost, I'm just trying to be realistic"

"Realistic? What is realistic about a person disappearing behind trees and knowing my name and not being creeped out and he keeps staring at me?" I demanded

She shrugged, "Well, what would you say I think? I mean, come on, there's no such thing as ghosts."

"You know you're going to piss off ghosts if you keep saying that" I whisper yell at her

"What? do you think a ghost is going to come out of nowhere and haunt me?" she smirks, mockingly,

"shut up!" I smack her arm and she chuckled.

"If you want I can keep Em, with me tonight" she says as we're moving out of the locker room

"Seriously?" I ask her, my heart skips a beat in my chest, "You really don't believe me?"

I get that ghosts aren't very likely to exist in this world, but this whole thing has me so shaken up. I can't explain it, but it feels like this guy is out to get me and I'm scared.

I can't explain it, but it's like a gut feeling telling me that this is all real.

"I'm just saying even if it's a ghost, which it's not, I can keep Em with me for tonight?" She says, walking over to the nurse station.

"Fine-"

She cuts me off while going through her clipboard "Patient 125 tried running last night," she says

"Again?" My shoulders sunk

"He tried killing himself and his daughter, few weeks ago, we've put restrainers on him, he's being very incorporating," I sighed biting the inside of my cheek.