Yule Ball: Dancing Eagles

Preparing for the Yule Ball dance, Kelia wore a traditional Slavic dress with navy blue outerwear and a white underlayer. The dress had two different sleeves; the part covering Kelia's arms was white, and the top part, which was draped down to waist height, was navy. Putting her ushanka on, she made her way to the Great Hall.

This was her first Yule Ball, but Kelia was nervous, for she had never been to a ball before, but she was excited to see what her date wore. Walking down the stairs, there she was, Amita. She wore a beautiful traditional Indian dress, navy blue, with accents of gold in its patterns. The sleeves covered Amita's arms fully, with another sleeve draping to the floor on one side.

"You look absolutely beautiful, Moya Lyubov. I won't lie; I'm a bit nervous about this." Kelia said sheepishly. Amita giggled at Kelia's words, for she had always been fond of when her beloved spoke in her native tongue. "You will do fine, dear. I promise; here, take my hand." Amita held her hand out, and Kelia took it. The two entered the Great Hall and made their way to the floor. Taking a bow to each other, the two lovebirds came together. Placing her hands on Amita's lower back, and the other holds her hand up. The connection between them was undeniable; they swayed across the floor, all feelings of fear and nervousness gone with every twist and turn. Every step was graceful, as if the two were on air, soaring high above, where no amount of watchful eyes mattered to them, for they were the only two birds dancing in the night.

"Told you, you'll be fine, darling," Amita whispered in her ear.

Kelia chuckled, "Only because I have you here, with me tonight."

Like shooting stars, it was like all their wishes had come true. For here, in this moment, as the moonlight shined on them. They looked into each other's eyes, seeing the worlds and galaxies that filled them. "I love you."