Chapter One: No Beast

First Person Point of View: Princess Vhenees Aethereon, the seventh (VII)

Along the peak of the High Keep - greatest and tallest sanctuary of Grand Felidonts, a royal rider mounted on its gigantic beast sauntering towards the edge of the cliff, and ready to take a flight anew. The air is strong and flows quickly at these heights...a perfect current of winds for royal riders to roam over the mountain ranges. Such a grave task for every young lord, but this rider is not one of them. He is an old stager. A veteran, a king, and has matters to attend to beyond the vast riches of his land . It is a precious moment that only a few relish, and only one name, beyond all others, is chosen of destiny to have control over the Aethereal skies...the Aethereons - the royal riders of the Grand Felidonts, dwelling in the most powerful kingdom of Aetherea called the Deep Royal Palace - nestling at the zenith of the high Aetherean mountains, this colossal landscape is being occupied by the royal family and descents of King Vaeghor Aethereon, the present ruler and the purest ruling bloodline in all of the land...he is a great king, but he was not the one who united the three kingdoms...it was another king before him.

At a time only Aetherean beings could remember, even before King Vaeghor succeeded his late-father and late-king, Rhaegon, there were the ancient-kings many centuries before them and the land was said to be in grave chaos. Draelaryons and Daerothrions, were old enemies and had been fighting over Western Compass, a narrow strip of land stretching across both the paths leading to the two rival palaces. It was a prized possession of Draelaryons. The Western Compass is important for the kin in the name of prosperity and the land's strategic position, it likewise covers the path leading to the woodlands providing them ample victuals harvesting before the coming of harsh weather storms and, perchance, unwelcome winters. However, despite Draelaryons voicing their claim, the land became a lone piece of great solid ice conceived as a wintry gift for Daerothrions. The Daerothrions believe all the freezing landscapes in Aetherea belong to their kin and they will never stop until they concur the last piece of it. Unfortunately, Draelaryons never thought their prized possession would be in such a plight.

They know it is the most unwonted tradition of Daerothrions, a domineering and selfish reasoning, as the Draelaryons whisper in their ears. It's a historical promise passed through Daerothrion generations, and for that reason, as long as there is a Daerothrion awaiting for the coming of winter, a chaos is no different with a beast awaiting for its jaws to open and engulf everything on its path.
The ancient-ruler, King Arthemion would not prefer sacrificing blood for the cause of one lifeless state, so he made an offer beyond anything else...a golden offer. And it was set forth in the Western Compass, a place that itself caused a brewing war.

The Draelaryons and Daerothrions armies were about to march on opposite fronts, with the batallion commanders readying the factions of their legion. The rays of sun dazzle the cold breeze embracing the mountain tops. A daylight and a foreseen sign of nature that means every soldier is up for battle and is only waiting for the horns to be heard.

As the war was about to begin, a loud strident sound came from the skies scent on the ground. The brawny Draelaryon commanders and the staunch Daerothrion men-at-arms stood their ground and are seen dauntless, a war pride, as they call it.

It is not a normal day for the two kins to see the colossal wings of a Grand Felidont flapping them mightily along the Western Compass.

The royal rider's Grand Felidont is named Red Serpent, the tenth biggest of its time. It is twice as large as a house and isn't yet fully grown. The ancient-king Arthemion dove deep into the valley until they got to the ridge. A ground that is for landing. Both the kins felt his presence, and as they do, the whole armies showed respect, ordering by their commander to keep their swords and thrust their spears to the ground then later kneeled down before Arthemion Aethereon, the Generous, the Overlord, and King of Aetherea.