Chapter Three: The Ugly Me.

Meanwhile with the disappointed heart I started to lead my life in a dull mood. After few days these incidents brought some thoughts about my physical self and become conscious about my body and beauty.

Being an average, boy next door looks on my face and not a strong build of my muscles. I felt that I am an ugly looking man whom no girl likes. I lost the confidence in myself and was just trying to avoid the two girls Sarayu and Shravya as I don't feel confident about me in front of them. I told Sarayu that I have something to figure out and sort out mentally and then would come to them. Sarayu went in silence after listening to my words.

After few days, it was a Sunday morning and someone knocked the door of my house. I went and opened the door, Sarayu and Shravya came inside the house. Shravya is bit dressed up bit specially. I asked what is the purpose of their visit and did not wait for their answer and said I have plans for the day (even though I did not have any plans). But Sarayu went to my mom and told that I was avoiding them and not talking to them. We are good friends but few misunderstandings made him like this. My mom told me whatever the problem might be between you, resolve it by the end of the day.

Sarayu told that today is Shravya's birthday and she wants to go to the nearby blind school and want to spend the time and treat them with her birthday special home-made food. In doing so we need extra hands and we are requesting that if Krishna comes with us, it would be more than enough. My mom asked me to accompany them as it is a good deed and I should not say no to such things.

By the time we made the needed arrangements it was around 12 O'clock in the afternoon and we reached the blind school along with food and snacks. The staff and few volunteers welcomed us and we immediately started to serve the food to the blind children. This made me remember the NGO for HIV infected children which I visited along Yamuna teacher.

After having lunch, we all played 'Anthyakshari' a singing game we play in our place. There were many talented kids in the school who gave few stage-shows also. Later, we played guessing game in which some famous dialogues of the Telugu movies were delivered and the other team has to guess the movie name. We played a lot and had lot of fun and I forgot the rest of world around me.

By the time sun is falling down to sleep again, we have sorted all the things and at end started to distribute the bananas to all the kids in the school. As the children are blind I was taking their hand and placing the banana in their hands. While I was distributing, one girl caught my hand and asked me for my name and I said I'm Krishna and asked for the birthday girls name. I said her name is Shravya then she asked me to convey her birthday wishes specially to her. To which I said I would convey her message on her behalf and asked her what's her name for she replied Jaanu...Jahnavi. She again thanked us for playing with them. At the end she said one sentence for which I felt little sorry, she said, "you must be beautiful but I could not see you and I also wanted to see you all" with a sigh at the end. I jokingly said, "don't worry because you must be very lucky to not see me in real, if you had seen me you would have definitely become mad". Jahnavi laughed at my words and said don't joke around and called "Sarayu akka" (akka-means sister in Telugu), when Sarayu came to her she asked "whether Krishna is beautiful or not?" Sarayu replied, "yes, he is truly a beautiful one".

Later, we three started walking home and it was dark. Then Sarayu told that from now on Shravya is going to stay with them in her home as Shravya's parents are moving to U.S.A but Shravya wants to stay with us. So, they agreed upon Shravya's continuous request to stay in India with us.

Sarayu continued to say that she came to know about the Shravya's crush and only love in her life. "Oh nice, what is his name?", "Is he good looking?" I asked by looking at Shravya's face. To these questions Shravya stopped walking and spoke for the first time ever with me directly. "Yes, he is very handsome and his name is Krishna and it's you, you idiot" she spoke.