Chapter Four: The Bullies and the Deviations

With the Shock I could not think of anything and tried to sleep after coming home. Sarayu and Shravya came home and asked me to meet in the night and they would ask my mom that they are having some work in the house and need my help and that I would I have my dinner there itself and sleep at their place.

My mom was happy to say okay and they left the home and around 8 p.m. in the night. I went to Sarayu's home and Sarayu's parents were there and I was completely preoccupied with what these two girls will talk and when Sarayu's parents asked me something which I did not listen to them and gave some answer which even I don't know what I answered.

Sarayu and Shravya were on the terrace of their house which is our hanging spot. They were talking something and when I reached the place they were silent for few moments. Slowly, they told that I should not have abandoned them in the college. They felt that it is something we three never should do to each other. Let the situation be of any serious stage, we three should never leave each other's side. With these words I felt a little sorry but was determined to ask them about scene that happened in the college in which they confessed to me something very odd.

When asked about it, Sarayu said "I love you from school days itself and I also love Shravya so much. I want you both with me forever. I know you care for me and like me but it is not love. But I don't mind all that and I only need your company and nothing more, if I can be more for you I'm happy".

Shravya said, "I don't want the future in which Sarayu and you or anyone of you are not there. So, please accept us both and let us be happy together forever".

I told said "You people are thinking like small kids, you don't know the difference between love and friendship. And marriage is a whole new thing and you will regret if you both get married to me. Because I like and care for Sarayu for sure but I don't love her because I love Shravya. I don't think I can marry someone whom I don't have feelings for. And you people will get jealous of each other and fight for me".

"You two girls are sensitive and there is a lot more time to grow mentally. I too care for you both and respect your decision to some extent and will be with you both forever but may not be as a husband to both of you. Marriage is something which happens out of love but not out of pity or compassion or friendship".

Sarayu and Shravya smiled and said it must be difficult for you to digest this but we are not saying this out of spite but we both sincerely love you and we know you love us both equally but you may think you only love Shravya but you indeed love Sarayu also. And you will realize that as the time passes.

I agreed for that and said okay till the time I realize we should be normal as always and be the same caring persons to each other as we were earlier. If you both think the same and feel same and wish to share me with you two. I will agree for your condition and marry both of you. But, if anyone of you disagree or feel jealous or think I should only marry any one of you. Then you people should just listen to what I say without a single question asked.

The two agreed and we made a pact that till then no talks about love or marriage among us.

After things getting settled among us, they started to tell what happened after I left the college. That they were ragged by few senior girls and were tensed a bit but later they offered to help in case of any need. But, I was happy that at least there is something they fear about and joked about it.

The situation was nothing serious but the thought about my experience with bullies got revoked. I had only experienced bullies in small part of my school life and apart from that I did not face any issues later. During those days when I was around sixth or seventh class, few of my friends ganged up against me and tried to bully me and utilize every chance to irritate me. They would hide my belongings from my school bag and some times bag itself. Sometimes they act as nice friends but when someone or the other person's presence bring a lot of difference in their behaviors.