Chapter 3

So, here I am, back in the room that used to be filled with workers having panic attacks as they weave through their daily tasks, but this time it's empty. The sounds of my heels echo around the room that used to be bustling, now there's only a handful of people here.

The Vees.

So, apparently the woman with the duo-toned hair was THE Velvette and no one thought to tell me. Maybe they assumed I already knew, but the looks of my face should have made it obvious that wasn't true.

When I had been summoned back out of the photography room, I had no time to change out of the dress, just enough to remove the makeup. Talk about bad timing, I would have loved to be in something more modest.

A fish demon came into the room and dragged me, telling me how I needed to be careful what I said and that I had to prepare myself. Of course, I was horribly confused, then I was led to see the three Vees standing and sitting on a large fluffy pink-ish couch.

Well fuck me gently with a chainsaw.

"So, this is the new babe you hired. Nice dress, but it would look better on the floor." The gross bug-looking one stated, obviously letting his eyes trail down my figure. It was absolutely disgusting.

"Yeah, and? You say that to anything feminine with tits and legs." Velvette scoffed out, playing on her phone. She was sitting on the opposite edge of the couch from the man who just talked, elevating her legs up on the arm rest and leaning back on a throw pillow. I mean, at least I don't have to ask her for her name now.

The gross man was resting, legs crossed with a bedazzled smoke in his hand. It was honestly way over the top, especially saying it matched his outfit. He was over the top in general and my patience for him was already running thin with that first comment.

The final person in the room stood out against the warm pallets of pinks, golds, and reds. He stood tall, with his arms folded behind his back as he paced back and forth behind the couch. He had a head shaped like a television and was dressed in blacks and blues, hardly any warm colors on him.

To say the least, he was eye-catching.

"So, why did you feel the need to call us both just to talk about a potential employee?" He talked to Velvette directly, but his gaze was still fixed onto the windows.

"Because I like her and I don't want either of you to fuck with her while she's adjusting. Do you know what this girl said when she bumped into me this morning? She said 'sorry, let me help you'. She probably doesn't even know how It works now here, but she's one of the best starting models I've seen in ages!" Velvette snapped, looking up at the two near her while I glanced back and forth at them.

I felt like a child stuck in between fighting parents.

"I fail to see why you needed to call us here Velvette. She's just another employee." TV man spoke up again, annoyance in his tone. I tried not to roll my eyes at his remark. As much as I'd like to deny it, he's right. I'm not super special.

"She's perfect and we're understaffed. I really just wanted to tell Val to get the hell off her ass before he tries anything because I know he will!" Velvette pointed an accusatory finger at the ugly-ass moth, who I know know is Valentino. The porn demon.

Ew.

"Oh, go cry about it. You're just jealous I get more than you." He added, his tone between mocking and petty, which made Velvette scowl and stick up her middle finger.

I cleared my throat awkwardly, taking a step back and folding my hands in front of me.

"Well, as much as I love this group dynamic, I need to finish changing out of this dress, so..." I pointed my thumbs to the side, gesturing to leave while taking a few more steps. Velvette sighed and waved a hand on my direction before I practically bolted.