1 | Of Daybreak and Dawntides

The Royal IceWing palace
Dawn ☁️

Silver had a place to fill. Her mothers were both important royals in the Palace, in fact, one of them was the Queen herself. And what of her?

Lady Lynx and Queen Snowfall might have saved her from what would admittedly have been a hard and lonely life, but now she had to pay it back.

Now she had to fulfil her promise to the IceWings. She was going to find what was broken, and she was going to fix it at whatever cost.

Even if, at first, that meant stealing it from below the floors of the IceWing palace. But, all in the name of good, right?

"Silver!" Lynx called, snapping her daughter out of her daydream. Or reality. Or destiny.

"Yes, mum?"

"Your mother and I got the results! You're in!"

For the first time in a while, Silver's heart leaped. "I am? Jade Mountain?"

"Yes." Queen Snowfall said, dignified, but with a hint of a smile struggling at her face. Lynx frowned at her wife.

"No no no. It should be more of a YES! THREE MOONS, FOR THE LOVE OF CLEARSIGHT YES!"

Silver fell back laughing, and allowed Snowfall to draw her wings around her like a warm igloo.

"You're going to be fine." Snowfall smiled. "My weird cousin Winter - the scavenger obsessed one, yes - went there, and he loved it."

Lynx joined in with the hug, and Silver felt perfectly placed between them, gazing out of the balcony at the rising sun. It cast beaming rays of light onto their wings, heating them with a gentle warmth. The wind outside was calm, like a glassy sea, and ruffled their spines gently. It seemed to tickle, almost, if she was being whimsical.

Silver smiled. All was well.

Just one tiny mission to attend to, and then this could be her everyday.