8 | Into the unknown

The Jade Mountain Academy Library
Sunset ⛅

"Come on, come on dad, I'm waiting!" Yelled Faithfinder. Her scales shone in the light of the crawling sunset as she bounced around the library enthusiastically.

"Faith, I'm coming as quick as I can," Starflight chuckled. "I'm blind, remember?"

Faithfinder's excitable fluttering halted momentarily. "Right." She muttered, bowing her head shamefully. "I'm sorry! I'm too excited to remember."

"It's alright, Moonshine."

Starflight affectionately laid a claw on his daughter's shoulder and walked her to the library's arched exit.

"Stargazer will be waiting for you." He reminded her.

"I know, but I don't see why I have to wait for him."

"Because he's your brother." Starflight smiled. "Come on, Faith. Got your library card?"

Faithfinder patted the black velvet pouch around her neck. "Here."

"Scrolls?"

"That I won't be reading?" She grinned.

Starflight laughed. "Alright, Moonshine. You're ready. Me and your mother will be around if you need us." He gently lifted his talons from her scales.

"Well of course you will be, you work here! I'll visit whenever." She added. Starflight smiled proudly as he watched Faithfinder disappear into the hallways of Jade Mountain Academy.