Chapter 2

As Emily arrived home, she couldn't shake the flutter of excitement that bubbled up inside her at the thought of Alex. Her cheeks still flushed with the memory of their brief interactions in class, and she found herself unable to resist the urge to pull out her sketchpad and pencil.

Heading up to her room, Emily settled into her cozy chair by the window, the soft light of the setting sun casting a warm glow over the space. With a sense of anticipation, she flipped open her sketchpad and began to draw.

As her pencil danced across the page, Emily lost herself in the world of her imagination, her thoughts consumed by visions of Alex's smile, his laughter, the way his eyes lit up when he spoke. With each stroke of her pencil, she captured the essence of the boy who had captured her heart.

Lost in her daydreams, Emily let her imagination run wild, picturing herself walking hand in hand with Alex through the school courtyard, laughing and chatting as they shared secrets and dreams. She imagined the warmth of his hand in hers, the gentle touch of his fingers brushing against her cheek as he leaned in to kiss her.

As the sky outside grew darker and the stars began to twinkle overhead, Emily reluctantly set aside her sketchpad, her heart still racing with the thrill of her daydreams. She knew that the reality of her feelings for Alex was far more complicated than her fantasies, but in that moment, she allowed herself to indulge in the sweetness of her dreams.

With a contented sigh, Emily tucked her sketchpad away and settled into bed, the memory of Alex's smile lingering in her mind as she drifted off to sleep.

Little did she know, the dreams she dreamed and the feelings she felt were just the beginning of a journey that would take her on the adventure of a lifetime. And as she closed her eyes and surrendered to the warmth of her imagination, Emily knew that she was ready to embrace whatever the future held, with Alex by her side.

---

The next morning, Emily woke up to the soft light filtering through her curtains, casting a warm glow over her room. With a stretch and a yawn, she shook off the remnants of sleep and prepared for the day ahead.

Heading downstairs, Emily found her dad in the kitchen, humming a cheerful tune as he cooked breakfast. His warm smile lit up his face as he greeted her. "Morning, Em! Ready for another day?"

"Morning, Dad," Emily replied, returning his smile. "Yeah, I think so."

Her dad's presence brought a sense of comfort and stability to the morning routine, and Emily couldn't help but feel grateful for his unwavering support.

As she ate breakfast, Emily's thoughts drifted to her mum, who was nowhere to be seen. Their relationship had always been strained, with her mum's sharp words and critical gaze casting a shadow over their interactions.

With a sigh, Emily finished her breakfast and grabbed her bag, ready to head off to school. Her dad wished her luck and gave her a reassuring hug before she left, his warm embrace a welcome reminder of his unconditional love.

---

As Emily walked to school with Olivia, the weight of her mother's cruelty pressed heavily on her mind, the memories of past encounters searing through her thoughts like a knife. She was transported back to a moment etched in her memory, a painful reminder of the relentless torment she endured at the hands of her mother.

In the vivid flashback, Emily stood in the kitchen, her eyes brimming with tears as her mother's harsh words cut through the air like a whip. "You're such a fatass, Emily," her mother spat, her voice dripping with disdain. "No wonder no one likes you."

Emily recoiled at the venom in her mother's words, the familiar sting of hurt and humiliation washing over her like a tidal wave. She could feel her mother's piercing gaze boring into her, stripping away any semblance of self-worth or confidence.