(Lightby?;fluff) Just Decided

PS: discontinued because it goes against the whole "already in love" vibe in this book.

A/N: This is a story about protestants written by a Catholic. Mileage may vary.
Continuation of chaste variety promised for tommorow.

Lightning sat in his chair at the young adult meeting of his church, listening half-focusedly to pastor Pill Bottle's lecture on the importance of responsibility.

Repetition is the mother of knowledge, he thought to himself. And that parable just now was pretty good. He decided to try to remember it.

He repeated it to himself a couple times, not paying much attention to the lecture, before he realised the pastor was finishing up.

"I leave you all to discuss." and with a door shutting, he was gone.

Discussion(s) ensued, with groups of 1-5(Vent Cover was engaged in a heated discussion with the air in the corner of the room, and things seemed close to getting violent.) getting together to talk about responsibility, the pastor or a fellow's lack thereof, the fact that maybe you shouldn't be the one to point fingers, Column, the tastiness of meat on Fridays and many other topics.

Lightning didn't have a solid clique yet, having very recently joined since the conclusion of his most recent season of BFDI, and it seemed Ruby was in the exact same boat.

He wondered about ecumenicalism within the Alliance, and how the friend-group was doing integrating into society.

Curious, he flew up to her.

"Hey, wanna be discussion partners?"

"Better yet, I'm making you my husband!" She grinned at him maniacally.

"What?"

"Don't 'What?' me, hubbyboy. You wanted to talk, right?"

"Uh, yeah, um." After a couple seconds of confusion, he succesfully swept her "husband" remarks under the mental rug and continued: "I was wondering how your Alliance is doing."

"Oh, we're doing great. We just had a party at Match's place yesterday." she paranoidly covered her mouth for a second.

"Uh, you didn't hear that. Ok, hubby?"

"Suure."

"You don't sound like it."

"What?"

"I'm gonna watch you to make sure you don't spill our secret."

"What?"

"You heard me, Lightsband. I'm coming with you!"

"Uh, what?"

She took hold of him and pulled him down to quietly speak, but not whisper in his ear:
"Tell me where you are going and I'll go there with you. And no funny bussiness. I don't want you getting away from me."

He looked unsettled, and remained in place for 20 seconds. Ruby stood by triumphantly. The pair would've made for a 6/10 statue. He wondered how to argue his way out of this without making a scene. Soon, he felt he had a pretty good approach prepared.

"Ruby, this isn't right."

"You'll make up your mind when you see my cooking."

"It goes against our faith!" He said in exasperation.

"I don't see anything against picking a husband and sticking to him in the Commandments. Wanna quote me a line?" She looked at him smugly.

"Oh, come on, you'll be stalking me."

"Accompanying my fiancé."

"I haven't proposed!"

"Me neither, hubby, but you haven't refused me yet."