CHAPTER 26

I sat on the bed making sure for the last time I'm ready.

I took a shower and did my evening makeup. Not too strong, I didn't wanna make too good impression on Hermes in the end.

I wore a classic black mini with a long sleeve because it got cooler. As extra, black high heels and gold jewelry. I curled my hair into delicate curls.

I looked elegant and chic, but I tried not to tempt fate too much. I corrected red lipstick on my lips and got up taking a small black bag from the dresser. I used my favorite perfume and left the room.

I was heading towards the main hall, where was a dinner for everyone, but I turned into another corridor, where the eldest brother Moretti was waiting for me in a separate room.

It looked basically like a box, completely separated by walls and doors from the rest of the dining room. There were five such boxes, but I didn't see anyone use them yesterday during meals.

A few people greeted me along the way, and I forgot that no one knows what happened today. Everyone was smiling happy to go to eat in the company of others. But not me I thought and sighed quietly.

It won't be so bad, after all, it's just dinner
I comforted myself and headed for the first box. I saw that Hermes was already waiting in the aisle. He looked at me with his eyes when, and I noticed he also had one eye drawn.

-You look beautiful Isabelle - he said, extending his hand to me.

I pulled out mine towards him and felt him lay a gentle kiss on the back.

-Thank you - I said and raised an eyebrow - Let me guess, you fall down the stairs? - I asked and heard Hermes laugh.

-Of course - he nodded, letting me through to enter the box first - From very angry stairs - he followed me and closed the door from the inside.

-Don't worry, he won't come here - I muttered pointing to the lock - I took care of it - I put my purse on a round table and sat on one of two chairs.

- Let me not risk - he said quietly and turned to me - What wine will you drink? - he asked, and I shook my head.

- Water, please - I said - Alcohol has already failed me today - I licked my chapped lips.

-I had a great time - he smiled mockingly and spilled water into glasses for both of us.

-I noticed - I nodded and put my leg on my knee - I hope you'll be satisfied with your reward - I murmured calmly and took a sip of water - After all, something like this won't happen again.

-Ahh you women - he squattled dissatisfied - You're already planning a future that you don't know - he shook his head - Meanwhile, I would rather enjoy what is now - he leaned over with his elbows on the table and splained his hands together.

-And what's actually happening now, hmm? - I asked playing with the glass.

-Now? I'm at dinner with probably the prettiest and smartest woman on this yacht - he said with a smile.

-Don't forget my mother - I reminded him politely.

-Ahh yes, of course, Evelyn - corrected with a nod - As for the beauty I would argue. Forgive me for talking so badly about her, the first day I had the honor to meet you - he said and snorted - I should first make sure who I'm talking to.

-You should - I nodded to him - But it doesn't change the fact of what you think about her. You're lucky I don't have great relationship with my mother. Otherwise, you would most likely have already lost your job - I smiled softly.