3

NATIONAL ANTHEM

Jack walked through the halls of the large school, student being at lockers and wandering. It was finally the end of the day, well of school, the team had their first game tonight at the arena. The whole school was talking about it, since that's where everyone on the team went. As he went to leave through the front door, he saw Jade walking in the opposite direction. He quickly turned around, walking up to her side.

" Oh hey Jack, ready for the game?",

He hummed, " Yeah, should be good. You coming?".

Jade nodded, " Wouldn't miss it".

" You going to Alex's party after? Everyone's gonna be there. His parents are out of town",

" I'm not sure. Is it just grade 11s?", she asked, the thought of that making her nervous.

" No, a lot of people from your grade are going as well. Come, bring Emma too", Jack smiled.

She smiled at him, " Alright. Not sure how Trevor's gonna feel about it".

The two stopped at the end of the hall, Jade messing with the hem of her skirt. " Who cares, I'll talk some sense into him", he said shrugging.

Jade laughed, " See you later then. Good luck at the game".

Jack watched as she walked outside, meeting Emma at the doors. They were obviously going home together, before going to the game. He mentally gave himself a pat on the back for actually talking to her without Trevor being there.

" Rowdy, why were you just with Zegras number two?", Cole said, walking up to him.

The blonde shrugged, " I just told her about the party later".

Cole shook his head, " Trevor isn't gonna be happy with you". Jack smiled, the two heading the other way to find Alex and Trevor so they could all drive to the arena.

Emma and Jade arrived back at Jades, the two girls going upstairs to change. " So, Jack invited you to the party tonight?",

" And you".

" No, he said that so it wouldn't seem like he was just inviting you. We are sooo going!", Emma cheered.

Jade sighed, " What do we even wear?".

" Jade, this isn't our first party. Chill out, we'll find something after the game". The brunette changed into her jeans and a hoodie, as well as her vest. Once they were both ready, they joined Jades parents in the car and drove to the USA hockey arena. Thankfully the game started right when they got there, so they didn't have to wait for it to start.

Once the game ended, they all waited for Trevor before heading out to their car. " What time will you guys be home tonight?", their mom asked.

" What, are you coming?", Trevor said turning to his sister in the middle seat. She nodded, " Who invited you".

" Jack said everyone was invited".

Trevor shook his head, " I'm gonna kill him. Do you have to come?".

" Trevor! You've been to many parties together before, stop this", their dad, Mark, spoke. Trevor groaned, finally stopping with the banter.

" Probably be home around 1 ish. Is it ok if Jack spends the night? And maybe Cole?", Trevor asked.

" Sure, Emma, are you spending the night?", Maria, their mom asked. The brunette nodded, the parents having their own conversation.

Everyone got out of the car, Trevor walking beside his sister. " Sorry, Jade. I want you to come, be ready in an hour?".

" Sure", she nodded. It was already 8:30, so the two girls went upstairs to begin getting ready.

Emma wore black jeans and a white tube top, her hair being perfectly straight. Jade stood in her closet, not being able to find something to wear. " Just wear your blue jean shorts and a black long sleeve. That always looks good",

Jade nodded at her friend, quickly changing. Thankfully her hair was already curled, so she threw on her converse and slid a lip balm into her pocket. Trevor shouted at them from downstairs, warning them that he was gonna leave without them.

" Who's driving?", Jade asked.

" Jacks mom is driving us there, mom is gonna pick us up", Trevor said, opening the front door. Jade nodded, following her brother, Emma close behind her.

They all squished in the backseat, everyone saying hi. " Hi guys, I'm Ellen", the blond woman smiled.

Jack shook his head, " Mom, stop".

Jade laughed, Ellen smiling at her through the rear view mirror. Emma glanced at Jade, who just shrugged at her. Once they arrived, everyone said their thank yous before heading into the large house.

" I wonder if his parents know", Emma laughed.

" Probably not, Em", Trevor said to her as they walked inside. It was packed, Jade slightly surprised considering it started half an hour ago.

Jack stood beside her, nudging her with his elbow,          " Nervous, J?".

Jade felt butterflies in her stomach at the nickname,       " Nope. Nervous, J?", she mocked. He shook his head and smiled at her, the two walking to go find some of their friends.

Cole was with Alex, drinking something that Jade guessed was Alex's parents. " Hey Jack, what's up Jade", Alex smiled.

" Nice party, Alex", Jade smiled at him. The boy bowed dramatically, Cole and Jack giving him a disappointing look.

" Never again bro", Cole said laughing.

a/n
I have smmmm
planned for this
book 😊