Chapter 10

London, 2019

October 31st

Juno had been planning her Halloween costume for that year ever since she noticed that they would have training that day. She had always loved this time of year, and it made her really excited every time.

When she was younger, all she wanted to dress up as were footballers, but really only one of them: Messi. But let's cut her some slack, she did switch between the Barça and Argentina uniforms...

She grew up and her Halloween costume taste developed as well, reaching its peak when she dressed up as Ginger Spice in her iconic British flag dress. Since then, she had been known in her group of friends for being the best dressed at Halloween parties. And it was not as she was just going to leave that legacy now.

So that morning, Juno woke up at the crack of dawn, simply because of her overexcitement for the day. She drank her coffee basically dancing and nearly spilled it all.

'Champagne Supernova' was playing throughout her flat, and Liam Gallagher's voice bouncing against the walls ran chills through the girl, this was her definition of peace.

Shortly though, one strong coffee later, Juno was ready to change her lovely rock, for something a bit more fitting for the occasion.

Through the speakers, bouncing basketball balls struck a court, and squeaks of shoes followed after. 

Juno grabbed her outfit from her closet. It was a red basketball uniform with the number 14 on the back, accompanied by white letters that wrote, 'BOLTON'. She had gotten herself her own Wildcats uniform.

High School Musical had shaped her growing up, and she had always wanted to be one of the characters, just playing basketball and singing. 

The irony of putting on a basketball uniform to go to football training was also an added plus.

And with that, Juno got into her car and drove to the training grounds, ecstatic to be able to play that day in such an incredible outfit.

As the footballer reached the door, she checked the time, '8:45'. Training would start in a few minutes, so most people were probably there already. With that, she pushed the door open as she began playing 'Get Your Head in the Game' at full volume.

The whole changing room turned around, some in full costume, like Lisa Evans who, fully dressed as an Avatar, was already shoving a phone to her face, recording for Youtube.

"Oh my God! Such a good costume!", said Lisa laughing, her excitement making her Scottish accent even stronger than usual.

Viv followed shortly after, "Ha! Jill is gonna go crazy with your costume."

Confused, Juno looked at her, "What do you mean? You think she won't like it?"

"No, quite the opposite actually. The girl's obsessed with High School Musical"

Oh.

That had clearly not been intentional, and Juno didn't really know how to feel about it. She hoped that Jill knew that she had no idea she liked High School Musical, Juno didn't want her to think she was trying to impress her or anything.

But on the other hand, she stood shocked at herself for even thinking that. Cause why should she care anyways?

"STOP IT! JO, YOU DID NOT! OH MY GOD." Jill's eyes had blown open as soon as she saw Juno. She had managed to dress up as her favourite character of all time, and somehow made him even hotter than he was in the movies.