Chapter 12

Bayern Munich, 2018

Alone. Juno woke up completely alone inside the apartment that had once felt so full.

Her mind worked slowly and groggily, as she tried to remember the events of the night before.

They made drinks, they made pasta, they got drunk, and they ate their food.

They sat in the living room, they talked, they left. But someone stayed. Jill. 

Jill.

They changed, they watched a movie- oh.

Did they really watch it? Clearly not.

The revelation struck Juno like lighting. She knew what they had done, and she didn't regret it. She had had fun, she didn't expect anything from Jill.

Of course if Jill had expected something to flourish then Juno wouldn't have objected.

But she clearly didn't, so Juno didn't have to worry.

At least that's what she told herself as she got up from bed to have a few glasses of water to come back to life.

As a state of hydration entered her body again, she concluded that it was just a fun night. Like any other... kind of.

Her bond with Jill was like no other, as friends. They connected immediately when they met. They had this invisible force that magnetised them to each other, that didn't let them think about anyone else, something neither of them questioned.

But maybe, just maybe, this apparent invisible force was simply attraction.

And maybe, just maybe, simple physical attraction was fine. 

It wasn't like it had to be deeper than that.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Some days passed, and their training session was approaching.

Juno had been feeling weird since it happened, thinking about the possibilities between them.

Sometimes, she couldn't breathe. It was as if her lungs stopped working and although her mouth pulled as much oxygen as it could, it didn't help.

Her stomach was at an all-time state of emptiness. Even if she filled it to the brim with food, it felt as if a black hole entered and emptied it out, sometimes even leaving her hands shaking.

She didn't know what was happening to her. She had never had these things happen before, and she couldn't tell anyone because they would ask her why she started feeling that way.

She was alone in this, and when she felt this way she recurred to Jill, who didn't need an explanation, and was always ready to wait for her with her arms open.

But that was out of the question now.

Training was awful. When Juno reached the grounds, she tried everything to avoid Jill. In her head, that's what Jill wanted.

That's clearly why she left right?

When she usually paired with the Dutch girl at every chance she got, she found herself a different partner before the coach even finished speaking.

Jill, on the other hand, felt guilty.

Oh so very guilty.

She was the one that had left that morning, without a note or goodbye. She had caused this distance that now pushed the pair towards the opposite sides of the room.

But, contrary to Juno's beliefs, Jill hadn't left that morning because she regretted what they'd done. It was actually almost the opposite.

Jill wasn't sure what she was feeling. Of course she had liked it, it was amazing; it just took her by surprise.

See, for the whole time Jill had known Juno, there was something in her that made her feel like there was something else to Juno she hadn't met yet. She just didn't expect this to be how good she was in bed.

Jill shook her head. These unconventionally inappropriate thoughts were clouding her mind.

She had to do something.

When training finished, Jill saw Juno walking towards the parking lot to her car. She called out to her as she tried to catch up.

"Jo! Juno! Wait!", Juno turned around, gulping, expecting the worst. 

She was scared, but she wouldn't show that to her, she had to remain strong and get rid of any weakness.

"Hey Jill, how are you?", she spoke calmly.

The Dutch girl was slightly taken aback. She had expected her to shout at her, as was her fiery nature, or at least ignore her or treat her a little differently, like in training.

"Um, I-", Jill took a deep breath as the two situated themselves behind Juno's car. "I'm sorry." she said plainly.

Juno blinked, not too sure how to react. 

"What for?" She knew why she was apologizing, the reason consumed her at night actually.

"For leaving. That night. It was childish, immature, I just- I-"

"Oh Jill, please, it's fine." Juno cut her off, saving her from her stutters, "It's not like it was anything serious, right?"

Jill's face fell slightly, but not enough for Juno to notice, "Right, yeah. But, I just wanted to say that, either way, I didn't not like it..."

The Dutch girl was blushing strongly, and her heart was reaching marathon stats, but she needed to get her message across.

Juno chuckled softly, taken by surprise, but trying to contain it.

"Oh? So you're saying I'm good in bed." she asked provocatively.

Jill's mind only had one answer: Yes, yes, yes, yes.

But she went for something a little cooler to keep at least some of her dignity.

"Oh ha ha. Don't mock me now Jo, you were the one moaning in my ear for hours." she mumbled only loud enough for the shorter girl to hear.

Now it was Juno's turn to blush, although hers was definitely not as potent as Jill's.

"Hey, I didn't deny that." she answered, "I really enjoyed it, but you already knew that didn't you?"

While Jill was still processing what she had responded and tried to prevent herself from stuttering, Juno reached out her hand to tuck a piece of Jill's hair back behind her ear.

"I'm glad we talked though. Thought you regretted it or something."

With that, she entered her car, turning on the engine and blaring music so loud that could be heard from the outside.

Jill was starstruck.

Juno was excited.

But now, both were also really scared of catching feelings.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Short one to keep it going

Thanks for reading! xx

Lola:)