𝟎𝟎𝟑. all the single vampires

chapter threeall the single vampires

chapter three
all the single vampires

🩸

Rory followed into the house right behind Gran, entering the kitchen as their first stop, carrying a heavy load of laundry the older woman was unable to carry herself. Sookie sat at the kitchen table, turning the mini television off, which pictured a political argument over the news staring Nan Flanagan; a vampire who is on ever news channeling trying to prove vampires have the same rights as human, and the Reverend of the Fellowship of the Sun; a church dedicated to Jesus Christ so wool-fully that believed vampires should cease to exist.

Sookie thought for a moment before she spoke her thoughts out loud. "I don't think Jesus would mind if somebody was a vampire."

"Just, place it there, dear." Gran instructed the older blond as she grabbed the pot of freshly scrambled eggs and a spatula, walking over to Sookie. Rory set the heavy load down that felt like feathers in her grasp. "I don't either, honey."

Sookie took a juicy bite from a sausage link already on her plate, humming in delight as Gran scooped some eggs onto the spatula and put them on her plate. "Is this sausage different from what you usually make?"

"No." Gran responded, setting more scrambled eggs onto her plate. Rory dusted her hands off open her denim shorts before walking over to the table and taking a seat opposite of Sookie.

"Huh." Sookie furrowed her eyebrows, looking down at the half bitten sausage between her fingers. "It tastes so much more complex than it usually does."

Gran's face fell at her comment. "Oh, dear, you think it's gone bad."

"No, it's delicious." Sookie shook her head in protest, smiling as if she just fell into a pool of jelly at a tropical resort. "It's like I can close my eyes and I can see farm the pig lived on, and feel the sun and the rain on my face, and even taste the earth that the herbs grew out of."