𝟎𝟎𝟖. she's gone

chapter eightshe's gone

chapter eight
she's gone

🩸

Rory's breathing was uneven and she was panting after her scream. Sookie and Bill came rushing into the house when she heard her sister's terrifying scream, stopping short when she saw Gran on the floor. A sob left Sookie's lips as she brought Rory into a hug, but the girl's arms remained by her side as she numbly stared at her grandmother's corpses

The front door creaked open, which they had left open and Bill's fangs petruded from his gums as he sped over to the intruder, grabbing him by the throat and pushing him against the wall. The intruder was revealed to be Sam.

"Get your fuckin' hands off me!"

Bill didn't budge. "What are you doing here?" He questioned him.

Sam gasped for breath. "I was making sure Sookie got home safe. The door was open. What are you doing here?"

"Bill, it's okay. Let him go." Sookie told the vampire. Bill's fangs disappeared and he let his grip fall from Sam's neck. Sam's eyes glanced over to a petrified Rory and then shifting down to the body by her feet. "Sookie? Rory? What happened?"

A little while later, the police were called and Andy and Sheriff Dearborne and the coroner and his assisted were in the house investigating Adele's body as Sookie and Rory sat in the living room. Rory's hands were shaking as she held them together, blood staining her feet.

"I need some air." She told her sister who eyed her in worry as the older blond got up and walked out onto the front porch, sitting down on the steps, hands running up and down her forearms from the chill running through the crisp dark air.

Rory merely lifted her head up when a blanket was placed over her shoulders. Sam sat down beside her on the steps. "Hey, whatever you need, I can do, you know I'm right here."