14 - A little closer than Friends

WO WE'RE GETTING TO THE GOOD PART

Also wriothesley's hot when drunk ehehehehehhHAHFHAFSDUHFKSDLHFKH

NOT TO MENTION JINGYUANNNN IS HOT LIKE HOT LIKE THE SUN HOT maybe i should make a fic just about him... lemme know if that's a good idea

his angst hurts so well but I still hate it and it makes me bawl-

But yeah, enjoy!

‐--------------------------------------

Wriothesley's POV

‐--------------------------------------

...again? Must I incessantly embarrass myself in front of Neuvillette? And what's with that situation at the perfume shop? What was I even doing there? I need Clorinde to explain everything to me from the very start.

"Hey... can you perhaps... get Clorinde to tell me the full story? I just... I just want to know what I did and how I got here. I didn't climb the walls, did I?"

"Oh, Clorinde passed by to just tell her side of the story until my part, where you just so politely interrupted my outing with Furina. I can tell you, so long as you don't interrupt me while I'm telling it, okay?"

I looked at him, his eyes sharp, piercing into my heart, and gosh, I forgot the reason why I liked this man. His overbearing presence, the way he holds himself so highly, and just... everything about this man. Perfect. 

"Wriothesley... might I remind you that staring isn't very kind nor polite? If you have something to say, say it."

"Yes, I know, I know. I have nothing to say."

His face relaxed into a calmer expression, and it took me a while to notice, but he wasn't wearing all of his judicial robes, leaving a white lace-up top underneath. I would begin to make an educated guess and say that those judicial robes are way too stuffy and he just wanted to take them off, yeah. That's the answer.

"OK, so, where do you want to start, the incident in the perfume shop or my office? Pick and choose wisely."

He was looking down at me, but I could see that the corners of his mouth curled upwards, but almost barely visible.

"From the very start please, and don't leave out anything. It'd be more embarrassing to know that I did something so bad that you thought it wasn't worth telling me..."

"Good choice, I wouldn't want to leave anything out as well. So, starting, we were at the perfume shop..."

He explained everything in exquisite detail, which I could tell was true because I started to recall what happened.

I just have one little request of my future self; Don't you dare go drinking with just Clorinde again. She just abandoned me on the street because her "girlfriend" or whatever Navia is to her came to pick her up.

Gosh, and I just started wandering like that? My public image...

"So what do you think, Wriothesley? Do you remember now?"

"...yes. I just... want to apologize for that- whatever that was, it was very uncivilized of me and must've been extremely uncomfortable to you."

His smile grew even more, and the next words he spoke made me raise both eyebrows.

"I didn't mind that as much as I thought I would, and this could just be considered payback for what happened at the house."

"Huh? Oh, is it because I started avoiding you? Ah... well I have an explanation for that."

He must've misunderstood my intentions because he seemed to have thought that I was avoiding him due to what happened, but that's not right at all. I wanted to tell him but I might make the situation worse, so I should just... give him a portion of the obvious answer.