Dead battery (annyeongz)

Wonyoung and Shinyu, the 'It couple' of the local area. The two were business major's, so you could say it was a match made in heaven. Good-looking, youthful, intelligent college icons.

But they had problems. Shinyu was proud, and with that pride came an ego. He was a perfect student, getting good great and always getting along with the teachers. That meant he was an absolute menace to everyone else. He would always bragged about his grades, and how the professors hold him up to such a high standard.

Wonyoung, however, kept her achievements low key. She also got good grades, and was a favourite among her teachers. But she kept silent about it, for the most part. Her friends heard all about her grades and awards, and mostly the people who were stopping her from topping her classes.

That's how they worked. Shinyu would score higher than Wonyoung and bragged about being a top student, and Wonyoung would just let him. That was until last exam, when she scored higher than her boyfriend. At first he seemed okay with it, in fact he even took her to her favourite restaurant in celebration of getting the highest score in the class. All their friends could talk about was Wonyoung beating him, and after a while it started getting under his skin. He didn't shout at her, he would never allow himself to yell at her. He never insulted her either, he may have been egotistic but he had morals.

But he was quite distant during the car ride to Heeseung's party. Not extremely out of the ordinary, as when it was just him and Wonyoung he never talked about school. But Rei and the Huening siblings were in the car as well.

"Okay we are here!" Rei tapped a little beat on the steering wheel as she pulled over to a free parking space. The car let out a little burp-like sound as it stopped, and Wonyoung's flinched. Shinyu eyes immediately turned to his girlfriend, and his hands were hovering over her skin, probably supposing to be a hug, but he was still upset.

"Rei, this car is literally going to be the death of me." Bahiyyih said, as she hurriedly opened the door and basically jumped out. Her brother followed suit, and carefully closing the door.

"What's scarier, Rei's demonic car or Liz's possessed driving skills?" Kai asked jokingly, but either way a tissue box was sent flying towards his head. Rei had made an expression that said 'try me Kai'. He put his hands up, and slowly backed away.

"Okay lovebirds, it's time to get your party on." Rei looked down to see that the two 'lovebirds' in question were already inside, probably getting their party on. Rei huffed, annoyed that they left their driver hanging, but her sour mood was immediately lifted when she saw Liz and Leeseo waving at her to join them.

***

"Why are you ignoring me Shinyu?" Wonyoung asked angrily. She didn't need to worry if someone walked in because the upstairs area, where they found themselves, was out of bounds. Her frustration had been building up the whole night. The last time they stood next to each other, was the beginning of the party.

Shinyu didn't dare look up to his girlfriend, too ashamed at what he was feeling. Instead he watched as the punch in his cup foamed as he swirled it around. After about a minute of stalling, he decided that he's had enough of silence. "I am not ignoring you."

Something ignited in Wonyoung when the first thing her boyfriend decides to say to her all night, was that he wasn't ignoring her. "Obviously you are, just tell me why. It isn't that hard-"

"I'M ANNOYED AT YOU OKAY?" Shinyu suddenly burst, his drink long forgotten on the ground. His fists were balled up, to the point where his knuckles turned white. And for the first time in all of knowing him, Wonyoung thinks he's about to hit her. Like actually slap her face or punch her in the stomach. Instead, he backs away, closer to the stairs. "I just... can't."