Chapter 2

Arijit Singh blasting through the air around us. This trip to Delhi is  feeling more entertaining than I assumed. Mehek is a huge fan of Arijit and she is the designated DG of the route. Dad being dad is unfased, I know he likes the music but won't ever agree to it, afterall he can't help but say " Ye aaj kal ka music kya he? Music to humare zamane me tha" (basically saying his generation music is far better than ours).

We stopped after an hour for snacks and refreshments. The guest in the bus were all moving around the dhaba, stretching there legs. The children were running around and their mothers were busy taking selfies or gossiping. These ladies I tell you, will I be them later? I hope not.

Mrs Sharma...has a nice ring to it. Our child will be called Sharma ji ka beta( Sharma's son). Hihi that's too much I guess.

I am on deit to look perfect in my dress so I just had some papaya and apples. I had to pee so bad so I asked Mehek to accompany me as I couldn't handle the lehenga myself. My aunt send my brother with us as it's not safe to go alone. We are on highway, we can't be too sure.

As expected the bathroom were not in their best condition. I hope I don't catch any infection from it. I quickly did my business and came out. Mehek was nowhere to be seen but my brother was still standing outside.

"Where's Mehek?"

"She gave her phone to Samar." Oh no. Samar is the naughtiest of my cousin. He must have messed up her phone for good. I gave him a knowing look and followed him outside.

"Samar you idiot. Do you know how expensive this is? Your stupid obsession with games has ruined my baby." He did it again.

"What happened Mehek?"

"Di he download a file and now my baby is filled with viruses." She was so angry, I have to save him because I need her to be present and stay with me on my special day.

"What if I buy you a new phone?"

This made her head turn.

"Really?"

"Yes honey now let's go." She sighed with relief but still looked angrily at Samar who was hiding behind me.

"Thankyou di."

And we were off again.

After the longest hour of my life we reached Delhi. I was not ready for what was waiting for me. As soon as I exited the car a shower of flower petals welcomed me. I was amazed and so happy but that wasn't it. Two dhol walas came rocking the air with there beats. Behind them came Vaibhav dancing and singing my favourite Shahrukh song. I love this guy so much.

He gestured for me to follow him and dance with him to which I obliged happily. Everyone was dancing and cheering us on. We danced our way to the stage were  a priest was waiting for us.

Soon the rituals started and after taking gods blessing it was time to exchange the rings.

"Ready?" Vaibhav asked me.

"Yes, you?"

"I have waited for this moment since the day I met you." He gestured me to place my hand in his and I did.

"Let's do this." He said and place the beautiful ring on my finger.
It was so pretty. Rose gold with a precious diamond in the centre and delicate vines holding it all together. I love it.

"My turn." I placed his ring on his finger marking him and making him mine.

"Solanki ji, now Siya is our daughter." Vaibhav's mother said.

Dad smiled and thanked them.

Everyone clapped and hooted for us. It happened. Thank you Bappa.

The party was a blast. We danced  and enjoyed our time. I was so breathless that I decided to take some fresh air and have a drink to cool myself down.

The night sky looks extra pretty today. A pair of hands wrapped around me. I know his touch.

"Vaibhav ji, wait a little. We aren't married yet someone will see." I hesitated.

"No one's coming here. They are busy doing something."

"Something?"

His hands held me tightly, I could feel the warmth of his chest. I rested my head on him and inhaled deeply.

"We have waited so long for this."

"And now we are one." I turned around in his arms and looked at him.

"You're happy right?" He kissed my forehead.

"super happy"

I smiled and hugged him.

"Ahem ahem...jiju please have some patience." I pushed him out of surprise and saw Mehek laughing behind us.

"You scared me." I told her still in shock.

"Mehek, never do that again." Vaibhav said looking upset.

"Sorry guys but dad and everyone else is looking for vaibhav." He sighed and left.

"I will be right back and you" he pointed to Mehek " leave by then please" she pouted but nodded none the less.

My eyes followed him till he left.

"Aaye haaye....stop staring like that he won't disappear."

"Well I don't have to worry now." I said showing her my ring.

"I am so happy for you di. Now ask jiju to find me a man like him ." She said seriously.

"Okay but get me something to drink first, I am parched."

"Okay wait right here miss."

She left and soon came back with a lemon sharbat.

"Don't tell anyone I am here." She nodded and left.

I was enjoying my drink and the cool wind blowing softly against my face. I felt someone behind me. He is back.

"Come closer, I want to feel your warmth."

He came a few steps near me. But didn't touch me. Is he being shy now?

I grabbed his hands and pulled him closer but something was different about him. His body felt bigger and more muscular. I inhaled deeply to calm my nerves but his colonge was different too. That's when it hit me. This person isn't vaibhav.

"Who are you?" I said slowly leaving his hands. But he held me tightly. I felt his breath on my ear.

"You called me, didn't you? How could you be afraid now?" I was about to shout but his hand covered my mouth. He trapped me between the balcony wall and his body.

"Ummh...ummm." I tried to resist.

"Shh...no one's coming here. They are all busy. It's just you and me here. I was ready to forget you but seeing you today, I felt like you only belong with me. That vaibhav, he doesn't deserve you."
He knows us, who is he?

"I know you might be wondering who I am, you will know soon." He took a deep breath at my neck and kissed me at the same spot multiple times. Sucking licking and kissing me again and again. I was so disgusted but couldn't move. I felt dizzy, almost as if he was the only thing holding me upright.

"I mixed something in your sharbat. You will feel sleepy. Maybe you will forget about this. But I will come for you soon. Just wait a little angel." I felt his hand leaving my mouth but I was too tired to speak. He sat me on a couch nearby and I tried to see who it is. But my vision was blurry.

"Sleep my love. Sleep tightly."

He left and I soon drifted away to sleep.

Vaibhav where are you?