the way I loved you

You had a boyfriend. Steve rogers. He had asked you out a few weeks after your break up with Bucky. Bucky wasn't happy to hear that you dated his best friend. You and Steve where together for 5 months now. He made you happy, really happy. He was so incredible. All your friends were jealous that you dated THE Steve Rogers. You waited for his call. He told you that he'd call you this evening. And 2 minutes later he did. You smiled at the fact that he calls exactly when he says he will.
________________________

You were going out for dinner tonight. You just finished getting ready. You wore a red dress with red lipstick and your hair down. A few minutes later you heard him knock on the door. You opened it and kissed him. "You look beautiful tonight y/n" He said and took held the car door open for you. You were going out for dinner with your family.

A few minutes later you both arrived. You went in and saw Steve hugging your mom. He's close to my mother. I love that. He talked business with your father. A few times. You all sat down. "Wait. We're still waiting for someone" your mom said. You were about to respond when a guy with brown shoulder-lenght hair came in

Bucky. What he hell is he doing here? Bucky was your ex-boyfriend. You were together with him for about 2 years. Until one night he just left without explanation. He told you he'd come back. He never did.

"What is he doing here?" You asked Steve. He just shrugged. Bucky sat down in front of you and you all ordered your food. To say it was akward is and understatement. It was so uncomfortable. After 30 minutes you couldn't take it anymore. "Excuse me" you stood up and went to the bathroom. You stopped in the hall to calm down. You didn't realize bucky was following you, until he took your hand.

"Hey doll.... everything alright?" He asked you. "Nope. I feel like crap" "let me change that" He said and suddenly bucky kissed you. And what surprised you the most was that you kissed back. And you enjoyed it. Bucky pulled away and said "I missed you" you had to admit that you never truly got over him. Everytime Steve asked how you were you faked a smile. He didn't realize it was a fake smile. How could he? He wasn't Bucky. Bucky always noticed when something was wrong. "I missed you too" you finally said.

Bucky couldn't belive what he had just heard. He expected you to reject him and tell him to back off. But nope, you told him the exact thing he hoped you'd say. "But aren't you happy with Steve?"

"I thought I were but to be honest... I miss screaming and fighting and kissing in the rain. And It's 2 a.m. and I'm cursing your name. Or breaking down and coming undone. It's a roller coaster kind of rush. And I never knew I could feel that much, but I love you bucky." You continued. "And I really don't know why I mean, you were wild and crazy. so frustrating, intoxicating, complicated. Got away by some mistake and now I stand here and miss you. I want to run into your arms and never let go again" you admitted

"I want that too y/n." He told you. "We're so redicoulis" you laughed. "All this trouble we went though just caused us to find our way back together." "Yep" He said popping the 'p'. "Hey remember that time we went to a party and you got all mad because I talked to jake" you laughed at the memory. "How could I forget that day doll"

Flashback:

You and Bucky were on a party and Bucky saw you talking with a guy. You knew that guy from high school. You just wanted to say hi and ask how he was doing. You didn't expect bucky to get mad at you.

Bucky walked over to you, grabbed your hand and walked outside. "What is wrong with you?" Bucky yelled at you. "Excuse me? You are the one who just pulled me outside" you yelled back. "Yeah well what did you expect me to do? You were all over thar guy!" He defended himself. "That guy was an old friend from high school. What was I supposed to do? Just ignore him while he was talking to me?"  "That's exactly what you should've done" he screamed at this point. "Oh come on!" You continued arguing until bucky said "Just leave me alone before I do something I regret." You turned around walked away.

When you got home you turned in you're pj's and started to bake some cookies. You do weird things when your mad. "That freaking idiot. Bucky is such and idiot. I was just talking to him" you were cursing his name.

You put the cookies in the oven and waited. It's 2a.m.

You had moodswings again. You suddenly started crying. You missed bucky. Without a second thought you got in your car and drove to buckys house. Did you care that you looked like absolute crap and wore your pj's? Not one bit.

When you arrive you knocked on his door. "Hey, can I talk you you?" Bucky nodded and came outside. It was pouring. You put your arms around his neck and kissed him. "I'm sorry buck." "Yeah me too" you were happy again. You had your bucky.

End of flashback

"What's gonna happen now?" You asked bucky. "Well I would like to take you out on a date" bucky responded. "I'd love that"

You decided you were going to break up with Steve. He made you happy. But not as happy as Bucky did. You were in love with Bucky. He was the man you loved. Only Bucky.