Chapter 3 - Golden hour

With Rohan sitting right next to me , he gently nudges my arm with his elbow. I force myself , to focus my attention back on the controversial Freud , today's lesson of the day...

Turning my head to the side ,he gives me a reassuring smile

he gives me a reassuring smile. Such a sweet , handsome face he has. Sadly , he still can't make me forget the man , that is always on my mind. Rohan has always been there for me , since we first started at university together.

I should be with him , instead of obsessing over a man in his late 30's !

I am so fucked ! It's so obvious that Rohan likes me and I should like him back ! Somehow I don't , if only it weren't for Jackson Morgan !

What is it about him ?! He keeps me coming back more for him and I can't do that ! I won't do that ! For one reason and one reason only - Chloe.

I won't be able to forgive myself , if I hurt her...

Ughhhhhh ! I literally don't have the strength for today...

WHY DID I THINK THAT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO COME TO UNIVERSITY TODAY ?!

After humiliating myself last night , I don't know how I will have the strength to cope for the rest of the day.

Literally , God give me strength !

Finally , everyone starts leaving the lecture room... Just a few more classes for the day and I can take a day off from working at Jule's Jewels !

I need a nice long break for the rest of the day...

I head to my next class , philosophy. The good news is that Mr Brown will barely notice me. He won't expect me to listen , if I'm sitting at the back. I don't even have the strength to listen , learn or work.

I take a seat at the back and Rohan contemplates between sitting out front like he always does or sitting with me. He gives me an apologetic look and walks to the front.

" Good morning. Please take out your books and turn to page 83. " , Mr Brown says , with his british accent still lingering in the air, like the old, irritating man that he is. He is very hard to pay attention to , most of the time...

Losing his train of thought during class, while still being as sharp as a literal whip !

Who knew that was possible , especially for a 70 year old like himself ?!

" Deontology - an ethical theory, where actions are good or bad , according to ethical rules. In life , we all do questionable things , but you need to identify whether these are good or bad actions. Deontology is duty and being equal. " , Mr Brown reads from the page in our textbook.

" Miss Daniels , you look very interested in this subject. Care to share your thoughts ? " , Mr Brown asks casually.

I nod my head and try to shake off the nervousness and embarrassment from my mind. I raise my voice, as loud as I can , " Are you saying that deontology is about doing the right thing ? Doing something that feels right , although it feels hard , but it is to protect anyone from getting hurt ?! "

" Yes , Miss Daniels. It is about the duty to treating yourself and others with the respect that they deserve. It works against our natural habit of being selfish. "

Mr Brown starts drifting off onto the history between the relationships with people , where people never took account of their actions and how it affected the people involved.

Mr Brown gives us a  assignment to do with a partner , where I'm lucky to be partnered up with Rohan. He is amazing to work with and I would literally be lost without him !

He meets me outside of the corridor , once we are all dismissed to take a lunch break.

" Cassie , are you ok ?! You seem like , you are going through something... " , Rohan asks , with stress making his voice sound shaky.

" No , not at all. I don't know if you noticed , but recently I have been going through something. Something really big and I'm just having a hard time processing it all. " , I respond , as calm as I can , but I know that he can see that I am losing it. We have known each other for 2 years now , Rohan would know how screwed I really am , right  now in this moment.

He looks scared , really scared , unsure of what to do or what to say to me. Suddenly , he grabs me. Pulling me onto his toned body. Holding me gently , but tightly at the same time. It feels so right , so good and so comforting. I just hope that this feeling will last forever.

Why can't it last forever ?! Where I can be protected from the secret that has been haunting me for years

Why can't it last forever ?! Where I can be protected from the secret that has been haunting me for years . Its not even fair to try and forget Jackson , by moving on with Rohan ! Rohan doesn't deserve that ! He has been so kind to me ! I can't play with his feelings like that , when its clear that my feelings have always been towards Jackson , my bestfriend's dad !

" Do you want to go get lunch at the cafe down the street ? My treat ! " , Rohan asks me , politely. He slowly pulls away from me and I feel this sting , when he moves 5cm away from me. Looking all flustered and shy , how cute ! He also enjoyed that hug !!!

" Yeah , that would be great ! " , I respond with a small smile on my face. Inside I feel the most amount of happiness , before the shocking realization of my growing feelings for Jackson. Shut up , Cassidy !

Rohan and I walk to the cafe , in silence. When we head to the cafe , we manage to get a table right at the front of the pastry counter !

I don't know what heaven looks like , but that looks like heaven to me ! Rohan has always teased me for my obsession with pastries , but overtime he grew to have the same obsession as me ! You could say that he has become my other bestfriend , since most times I try to hang out with Chloe she is always held up at Starbucks.

I don't know how she manages a job like that , because I got fired on my first day ! I ended up accidentally breaking the machine and Chloe had to call Jackson to come and repair it ! He is ... really good with his hands !

" Shut up ! " , I accidentally say out loud. " What ?! I didn't say anything. Did I ?!" , Rohan responds , his eyes wide open.

" Rohan , I'm sorry. I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to myself. " , I respond , making sure my apology sounds genuine. " Oh --- ok. Do you want me to get us toasted cheeses , chocolate croissants and iced coffees with 2 pumps of vanilla and caramel syrup ? " , He asks , trying to regain his composure.

" Yeah , that will be great. " , I respond.