World's Apart...

Aarushi cherished starting her day with the beauty of a rain-soaked morning. Contrary to the common aversion to sudden downpours, she found them delightful. The rhythmic pattering of rain against her windowpane and the soft zephyr wafting through the slightly opened white curtains gently awakened her from sleep.

 The rhythmic pattering of rain against her windowpane and the soft zephyr wafting through the slightly opened white curtains gently awakened her from sleep

Adhithi, at twenty-five, is the older of two daughters in her family. Having started a new job a few months back, she now lives alone in a one-bedroom apartment. She has always cherished her solitude and peace—a luxury seldom experienced in her childhood—so being away from her family doesn't trouble her. It's a luxury she relishes. While this chapter of her life is just a temporary respite from her troubles, and its duration uncertain, she's determined to savor it for as long as it persists.

Sliding off the bed, she shed the blanket that had enveloped her. She wandered over to the window, where, from her third-story vantage point, she could gaze upon the neighborhood. There, she stood, basking in the gentle breeze and the soft patter of early rain. Next, she drifted towards the simplicity of her open kitchen, craving a hot cup of coffee. Despite her usual aversion to milk and dairy, on mornings such as this, a robust milk coffee was her indulgence. With her cup filled, she returned to her favorite nook by the window, settling onto the couch beside the oval teapoy. 

Clutching her phone, she casually browsed her Instagram feed

Clutching her phone, she casually browsed her Instagram feed. Occasionally, she'd share an anecdote, a selfie, or snapshots of places she'd been, just to signal her presence to the world. Beyond that, her interactions were limited to rare, lazy mornings in bed when she couldn't muster the energy to rise. This wasn't her usual self. A shift in circumstances had transformed her from an extrovert to a near-introvert, someone who now struggled to engage in conversations with even friends and family.

It wasn't that she didn't care for her loved ones; it was more that she seemed to lack the initiative to make a move, to trust anyone or anything with her joy. Her hands were full of commitments that increasingly burdened her each day. She had no desire to shoulder more. Without her reaching out, connections would fade; no one would inquire about her life or miss her presence. Expectations and duties had long dominated her existence. She yearned to untangle her mind from the restraints binding her before she could reconnect with her world.