3. The Angel[OS]

"Raynah" she screamed on top of her lungs,face red and beaded with sweat and body shaking with terror.

"Breathe Abhira.. please calm down",Vidya whispered,cradling her in her wise old arms & profusely rubbing her chest. She immediately grabbed the glass of water and Abhira's tablet from the bedside table and made her gulp it down, all the while comforting her by humming a soft tune and kissing her on the forehead. She hurriedly covered her with the duvet & frantically dialled Armaan's phone with shivering palms.

"Armaan please come home at this very moment. I don't care if there's any work pending at the office or not,Abhira's condition is just worsening with time. She needs you. Come back now, we'll talk to Mr Mehta at night,the therapy sessions are an utter waste of time. We need to do something. She's the one who sparkles our lives with joy & light, I can't lose my radiant little ball of energy & serotonin booster as well now, after Rohit" Vidya roared. She was furious seeing her daughter-in-law suffer so terribly with no fault of hers. What was the reason for which she was being punished by God & her fate,so viciously? Why?

All of a sudden Abhira woke up & walked towards that room,and Vidya & Madhav followed her, scared to leave her alone. The grim incident associated with that very place made Abhira the way she was now.

"This room belonged to my lil Raynah nah. Such a beautiful baby princess she was. My laddoo..golu molu laddoo.We lost her.. because of my mistake. I didn't take care of myself in my pregnancy. I should've paid attention nah. I-I" saying this she started crying again bitterly. Madhav,who's heart wrenched seeing her in that condition,pining and dying everyday, pulled her in a tight hug and consoled her,though Vidya & he himself was shedding tears.
.

"Mujhe kuch nahi hua hai Armaan, I seriously am ok. Please just go. Go away! J-just go!" Abhira screamed, panting and gasping for air.

"Here , drink some water baby" Armaan said, handing over the glass of water to her. She banged the glass on the floor. Armaan was startled, but as he came near her to collect the glass pieces, she shrieked again. He could help but feel a pang of guilt & hatred for himself. He had failed her, he had one task of healing his wife and he couldn't even complete that! He felt ashamed would be an understatement,he wanted to kill himself at that very moment. Horrified seeing her down on the floor in a half dazed state and blood & glass pieces all over he rushed towards their room and returned with the first aid.

"Armaan don't come here. Go back,tumhein meri kassam"

She pleaded and screamed, crying hugging her knees. She picked up the pieces with her bare hands ,put them into the trash and mopped the floor. She rushed to the bathroom to have a shower. As the water touched her bare body and stung her wounds,she cried bitterly and whispered ,"I'm so sorry baby. Please forgive Mamma nah Raynah. Please bachcha"

As she came out of the bathroom, she saw her dear husband standing there with turmeric paste in his hands. He knew the careless woman his daughter's mother was. He gently applied the paste on her injured areas and tied the bandage on them while looking at her with hurt & pitiful eyes-the only problem was that this time she didn't retort him by asking him not to scream 'haye bichari' from that expression of his. Abhira had already lost her bubbly self 6 months ago, to that incident.

"Sorry Armaan,I unnecessarily-"

"Shut up!" He said in a meek voice as he did her dressing and pulled her into a soft hug.

.
She had just finished decorating the room despite her hectic day at the high court because of a high-profile corporate case that had kept her busy for the past three months,leaving her with little or no time for interacting her lovely little fairy that had been growing inside her. Though the family insisted that they call the people from a company and there were still 6 more months to go,she preferred giving her personal touch to a place so special at the earliest.The cradle,a beautiful pale yellow one radiating all the love the sweetheart would be showered with upon her arrival shimmered at the centre of the jungle safari-themed room,with teddies & dolls settled on it waiting for their little companion's to join them. The rainbow coloured super soft mattress chosen by her kept rolled up and packed in one corner meant to be washed upon the angel's arrival.

Feeling a jolt in her abdomen and a sudden urge to pee,she rushed to the washroom with Armaan following her. The flow didn't stop,the two hours of squatting on the toilet seat holding Armaan's trembling arm and making her ear piercing screams resonate in the entire house were the two worst hours of her life and she did not want to accept what had happened. Drop by drop,clot by clot their soul swept away to a place unknown-and they lost her in the most cruel and horrid way.
.
14 days later at the hospital

"Armaan why isn't she crying? Baby please cry for your Maa nah! Please baby. Raynah bachcha, maa loves you baby, please let her hear your voice!Maa's been waiting for you since the past 8 years. Why are you so angry with her?" Abhira haphazardly spoke while still in a grim,slient & deep slumber since the past fourteen days.

"Doctor,she's responding, please have a look"

After a few hours passed,she woke up looking for only one person- her daughter. This child was the one upon whom she was awfully set,after 8 years of trying for one and 6 years of losing one-Their Freya. Not theirs by blood but theirs in true sense. Before her revival three years back, two weeks pregnant Ruhi had slipped into a coma after Rohit's death with no hope of a recovery,and they stepped in to play the role of being Freya's mamma & dad. Her every moment was tracked by them,each and every moment. Her very first and last heartbeat was the sweetest melody they heard then. But...she vanished into thin air two months before the time as their Raynah did,6 years later. They grieved for Freya, they still do, but somehow coped up with the month old foetus's loss-they didn't know what she looked like,or if she was even a she-and it was the main reason her loss didn't haunt them .
But their Raynah. They knew what their angel Raynah looked like. The beautiful & divine outcome of their relentless efforts yearning for a baby & pleading before the universe. Their prayers were answered after an eternity, when the hazy ultrasound pictures showed them their three month old little princess's angelic frame,her tiny little organs still developing,her heartbeat syncing with the happiness and joy with which their hearts thumped. It had been 11 long years of their marriage when they would've finally got her. But....

She clutched her belly and started scratching the stitched area and before she could grab the surgical knife kept nearby & pierce it in her abdomen to 'find' the baby,Armaan threw it away and engulfed her into a hug,a long & tight one.
"Abhira we lost her baby,we lost her. Sh-she joined her sister up there. Our Freya now has Raynah with her. I-I"

"Why us? Why it's always us Armaan? Why? Don't we deserve some happiness? Couldn't Raynah stay for long, or take me along with her? Why's life so unfair Armaan? Why does everybody always leave us? Why?"

"We can't defy fate nah. Maybe someday,at some point of time we will get a closure baby. I promise. And it would be a beautiful one. Trust me"

🏵🏵🏵🏵

Ps: Ik it is areally random os I scribbled down. Phew